PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard Raid!!!! 12/11

XJ4IV
12-05-2010, 02:05 PM
OK I would like a tally on who would like to go on a junkyard raid, meaning going to local yards in the houston area to take inventory on items that we might need to perform upgrades... ie: axle swaps interior swaps gear swaps possible wheels n tires and obviously junkyard lift components .
My reason is cause In march when I do my d60 upgrade I just wanna either HAVE the parts waiting on ME
OR go where I know the parts are and what the prices are!
I would like to have Matt come as his knowledge is FAR abounding than mine when it comes to the little details Like
spline counts to meet up on certain things and what years offered what options for axles... matt is great, like a swiss army knife.
Anyhow this is open to ALL who wanna come but please keep in mind there may be a few that charge an entry fee of a few bucks... not more than five though each.
I will be coming from katy and anyone who wants to carpool with me can, Im stealing the wifes honda for gas mileage!

XJ4IV
12-05-2010, 02:06 PM
just a heads up I know this is short notice and one more wrench to throw in the works on my part is that ... I MAY have to go out of town saturday for a graduation in waco... but Ima try n get out of that!!!

XJ4IV
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
WOW nobody huh... This sucks maybe Ill just go thursday then...

msmoorenburg
12-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Well I say raid the jy a week before a swap or a day before the 1/2 off sale. The pickapart down here rotates stock every 2 weeks :thumbdown:

XJ Rat
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
The pick a part on Northville Road has 1/2 off every holiday weekend.

I love cruising the JY, but I walk kind of slow these days.

XJ4IV
12-08-2010, 12:54 PM
... Do they seroulsy get rid of every car over a two week period?

msmoorenburg
12-08-2010, 02:15 PM
... Do they seroulsy get rid of every car over a two week period?

i would say 3 weeks tops