PDA

View Full Version : "winter vacation"

dirtroadroots
11-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm on "winter vacation" now from work, and with the extra time thinking bout what to do to the XJ. I would like to put a small lift on it. It's my daily driver so I don't wanna go too extreme. I ain't a fan of blocks or coil spacers, and didn't know if anyone could point me in a direction of a homemade/junkyard lift to fit 31's. Also anything else that would need to be modified to fit and drive would be great to know. This is my first XJ so I'm working on this kinda in the dark.

cantab27
11-26-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3679&highlight=bastard+packs

jcbannis
11-28-2010, 05:39 PM
thats how i lifted mine and used f150 springs but it is 1 ruff ride

Mudderoy
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm on "winter vacation" now from work, and with the extra time thinking bout what to do to the XJ. I would like to put a small lift on it. It's my daily driver so I don't wanna go too extreme. I ain't a fan of blocks or coil spacers, and didn't know if anyone could point me in a direction of a homemade/junkyard lift to fit 31's. Also anything else that would need to be modified to fit and drive would be great to know. This is my first XJ so I'm working on this kinda in the dark.

I've always heard blocks are bad because the leaf springs aren't stiff enough to keep from wrapping under load.

One other thing, everyone, someone step in here if I am wrong, always wants to go higher with their lift. I recommend a 4.5" lift at least.

bigjim350
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
And since you have a 1995 you should be able to get away with 4.5" or more without a SYE.

OrangeXJ
11-29-2010, 07:43 AM
And since you have a 1995 you should be able to get away with 4.5" or more without a SYE.

I would do a 1" tc drop with that much lift.

dirtroadroots
11-29-2010, 10:28 AM
thanks guys...the "bastard pack" is pretty much like adding a leaf ain't it? anyone done this and give me an idea how much they got outta it using which donor leaves?

as far as the front are the f150 springs the only ones that will work or is there other choices?

thanks bigjim and orange for your input too