PDA

View Full Version : New member from Ohio!

pleembob
11-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Hello All,
Just wanted to say I just ran in to your site today (at work:thumbsup:) and read a few threads. There is some good info and looks like some nice friendly people on the site. I usually frequent NAXJA, and Pirate 4x4 as well as Offroad Fab. I really enjoy working on my XJ when time and money allow. I just bought a AW4 Trans, NP231, and another high pinion D30 for rebuild/spares and for a front axle project. I plan to cut and turn the inner Cs and do some gusseting/trussing, new brackets, 4.56 gears with a locker of some kind (leaning toward an electric like E-Locker or Ected. Using stock axles w/ large U-joints. I would also like to upgrade to 1/2 ton brakes and lock outs but have not decided how best to do that. That would mean gears in the 8.8 as well, so big long term "high buck" project. We will see.
Anyway, nice to join you all and look forward to some learning from your experience. Jim

bigjim350
11-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome to xjtalk

Mudderoy
11-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello All,
Just wanted to say I just ran in to your site today (at work:thumbsup:) and read a few threads. There is some good info and looks like some nice friendly people on the site. I usually frequent NAXJA, and Pirate 4x4 as well as Offroad Fab. I really enjoy working on my XJ when time and money allow. I just bought a AW4 Trans, NP231, and another high pinion D30 for rebuild/spares and for a front axle project. I plan to cut and turn the inner Cs and do some gusseting/trussing, new brackets, 4.56 gears with a locker of some kind (leaning toward an electric like E-Locker or Ected. Using stock axles w/ large U-joints. I would also like to upgrade to 1/2 ton brakes and lock outs but have not decided how best to do that. That would mean gears in the 8.8 as well, so big long term "high buck" project. We will see.
Anyway, nice to join you all and look forward to some learning from your experience. Jim

This is all stuff I've never seen, well most of it, so I know I sure would enjoy hearing and seeing pictures of all the mods you have planed.

The think I didn't like about the Ected is it uses friction pads (clutches?). I wanted something that was selectable but all metal. ARB was what I decided on, of course the bank account has decided that I'll wait a while.

:thanx: for joing xjtalk and :welcome: :patriot:

bluedragon436
11-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Welcome to xjtalk!! Feel free to post up some pics in the build thread, when you get going..

4.3LXJ
11-23-2010, 08:21 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk. Thanks for joining. The front axle project sounds fun. Either of those lockers is alright by me, but like Muddy I went with ARB. But I think your choice is a good one.