PDA

View Full Version : father son project

steph74
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
I was just wondering who has got into jeep to have a kind of father/son project promising their son that it would be THEIR first car.....
and after a few month regretting it because they fell in love with the jeep ?

Mudderoy
11-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I was just wondering who has got into jeep to have a kind of father/son project promising their son that it would be THEIR first car.....
and after a few month regretting it because they fell in love with the jeep ?

It is the responsibility of a good parent to teach their child the things they need to know in life. Disappointment is a BIG part of life. :rotfl2:

steph74
11-18-2010, 03:59 PM
It is the responsibility of a good parent to teach their child the things they need to know in life. Disappointment is a BIG part of life. :rotfl2:

Well it was also for me as I had never touched a wrench before....

Mudderoy
11-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Well it was also for me as I had never touched a wrench before....

Hey they made almost 3 million of them and nothing says father and son like two XJ's. Besides you always have a buddy to wheel with! :thumbsup: :patriot:

steph74
11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
yeah that is right.... I have 2 more years before he can drive though..... a lot of things can happen in 2 years ;)

OrangeXJ
11-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Hey they made almost 3 million of them and nothing says father and son like two XJ's. Besides you always have a buddy to wheel with! :thumbs up: :patriot:

My son wants one. He takes mine to the beach several times a year. Now that I have the CJ he wants the XJ almost every weekend. ( He really wants to take the CJ but with the V8 I won't let him take it too much for him to handle ). So he has decided to buy a XJ and we will build it together.

alwaysxj
11-18-2010, 04:57 PM
sorry steph I don't have a son.....

4.3LXJ
11-18-2010, 05:15 PM
We have a father son project

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/HUM%20WEE/IMG_0497.jpg

Our only problem is that his daughter says that the green one, which is his, really belongs to her. So it looks like we will be getting a third one one of these days. She is only 11, so we have time

Firemanray
11-18-2010, 05:17 PM
I bought mine for ME and my son to work on together. Now we work on HIS jeep. I guess that's how it goes. ( He's only 13.)

4.3LXJ
11-18-2010, 05:25 PM
It is just a short step from our Jeep to MY JEEP

steph74
11-18-2010, 05:37 PM
I bought mine for ME and my son to work on together. Now we work on HIS jeep. I guess that's how it goes. ( He's only 13.)

yep I guess it is the age lol selfish little brats....

One good thing though is that I am taking my time to learn and understand and not rushing into big expensive mods... I keep that for the next that will be mine only hahah

bluedragon436
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
I would say you could keep an eye out for a good deal on a Jeep that can be HIS Jeep... and then you could continue to work on them both as a father and son project... I mean obviously if he can't drive yet... yours would be the primary one you are working on the most and hardest... but at least getting his some what started... for when he is ready to start driving it... so he at least starts off with something he can be proud of..

4.3LXJ
11-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I would like to make a suggestion here if I could. My son has always had his own cars. Bought his first one, a 73 Mach 1 Mustang with mostly his own money. I chipped in about $300 if I remember correctly. The rest was his and he paid cash. Had his name on the tittle at age 14. They will respect that much more than just being handed a car. Then there are no arguments about who's it is. Let him buy his own mods too. He will appreciate it more and treat it much better than "his old man's" I can tell you some good funny stories, well funny to me but not to someone's Dad.

Firemanray
11-18-2010, 07:10 PM
I suspect that by time he gets his license the XJ won't even be suited for DD any more. I'll buy him something cheap to drive. My daughter took my Camaro when she got her license only to total it 3 weeks later. It's ok 'cause she was allright and I had already replaced the Camaro with a 'vette!!!

steph74
11-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I suspect that by time he gets his license the XJ won't even be suited for DD any more. I'll buy him something cheap to drive. My daughter took my Camaro when she got her license only to total it 3 weeks later. It's ok 'cause she was allright and I had already replaced the Camaro with a 'vette!!!

Yeah this is what I think anyway...

but my post was more a statement than a question I guess haha

and yes he is not going to get the car handed to him for free.... I earned my first car, and so will he
I am just afraid that the "price" he will have to pay will be increasing haha

cantab27
11-18-2010, 09:45 PM
we brought our boy his first 4wd ,,, mainly to keep him outta the boy racer (car enthusiast) scene ......
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2826