PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump? They can't tell...

TheRedBull
11-17-2010, 10:20 PM
I am planning to route, mount and hide an on/off switch to control my fuel pump. This is totally worth the time and effort to prevent a 3rd time my jeep getting broke into.
They may get past the wheel lock bar [but, i doubt it], and they may hot wire it but if they do, if there is any fuel left in my carburetor they'll only go a few feet or so and most likely scratch their head and run off Tehehehe:smiley-laughing021: Until I can get a proximity remote alarm this is going to have to be a theft-prevention step.

Tips, suggestions, time-saving ideas, pro's, cons;etc are welcome!
:driving::patriot:

Mudderoy
11-18-2010, 06:31 AM
I am planning to route, mount and hide an on/off switch to control my fuel pump. This is totally worth the time and effort to prevent a 3rd time my jeep getting broke into.
They may get past the wheel lock bar [but, i doubt it], and they may hot wire it but if they do, if there is any fuel left in my carburetor they'll only go a few feet or so and most likely scratch their head and run off Tehehehe:smiley-laughing021: Until I can get a proximity remote alarm this is going to have to be a theft-prevention step.

Tips, suggestions, time-saving ideas, pro's, cons;etc are welcome!
:driving::patriot:

I read about a switch being placed near the column between the front and back door drivers side that connected or disconnected the fuel pump wire that runs through the channel under the door entry at the bottom.

Another switch would be to a relay that connects or disconnects power to the coil.

Punisher
11-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Or you can just make it a bait car and install a gps tracker in the jeep and let them take it and catch the bastard yourself and beat them :smiley-angelic006:

Mudderoy
11-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Or you can just make it a bait car and install a gps tracker in the jeep and let them take it and catch the bastard yourself and beat them :smiley-angelic006:

It would be pretty easy to hook up a cell phone ringer to a relay. The relay would be connected to the 12 volts being supplied to the coil. Every time the cell phone rang the relay would disconnect the 12 volts to the coil. I simple latching circuit could be added to keep the relay open on the first ring.

You could just CALL your Jeep and disable it! Actually you could run another relay off that same circuit and have it lock the doors at the same time! :eek: :rotfl2:

bluedragon436
11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah I am wanting to get an alarm for mine too.. but mainly I just want it for the keyless entry and remote start... I live in the middle of farmville... if someone tries to steal my Jeep I'm goin gto shoot them.. LOL..