PDA

View Full Version : Took a little trip

4.3LXJ
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Melissa took a trip to the Oregon Coast, and so did we. We should have gotten together Mel. Anyway, we went to Brookings which is in the southeast corner, almost in CA. It is usually warmer there compared to the rest of the coast and a popular place to retire to. I didn't get to take any pics. I did all the driving and would have had to fight over the camera with my wife. After all, the main reason for the trip was to go to a birthday party for a grandson. But here are some links. Enjoy.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/scenicdrives/?param1=USCA0041&param2=USCA0812&param3=USCA0264&sd=caredwood.jsp

Last Friday, I took a day and drove up to see a friend of mine near Corvallis OR. I have known Mac, of Mac's Jeep Parts since 74 when I started working for him part time. After that I established a business designing, selling and installing lift kits and working for him a little while I was a firefighter. It was good to see him again. He has his own Jeep wrecking yard as well as thousands of square feet of used parts indoors. There is barely enough room to walk in a 7,000 sq ft. shop. Of course I had some ulterior motives too. When I gutted my Mighty Mite I gave him the engine, tranny and transfer case for his. He has two. One is in pristine condition and needs the crank shaft replaced. Mine was good, so I gave him my stuff so he could put his together. Since then we have been having a race to see who could take the LONGEST to get one running. It looks like I am going to loose this one. But it has been a valiant fight to the finish. LOL

Along with that was a rear drive line, which my son is going to need. We have a modification planned, which I think is going to come off just fine. As far as I know, it has never been done before. Currently he has a Borg/Warner overdrive that someone installed and did an OK job of it. But it has two drawbacks. One is that it only works in two wheel drive and it hangs down far too low in the center of the vehicle. When I know more, I will post more on this one.

bluedragon436
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Sounds interesting... I wish I knew someone that had a Jeep JY... I would love to wonder around something like that for hours...

4.3LXJ
11-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Yes, it is always interesting to wander around Mac's and daydream