PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of questions jumbled into one.

johnMZ24
11-08-2010, 07:54 PM
ok, i got a 94 Cherokee with a 5 speed. now iv been wondering this for awhile now and i dont wana sound stupid for asking but i wana know haha.

ok, im sure u know the noise when u pull out with a manual if ur in a higher gear say, 2nd and pulling out at a red light.

whats that metal can like sound ya hear n then it goes away once u get going.....

and also the cb question.. i have a 4 foot fire stick and so does my friend. we both for the same cb (walmart) and my other buddy has same cb but a walmart antenna... now, me and the kid with the walmart antenna can hear each other fine. The kid with the same antenna as me cant hear me and says i sound like an alien talking, But i can hear him perfect...any ideas what that can be and why?....

next question..

hows the accel tune up kits? it comes with bigger wires n accel plugs cap and rotor?

JENSSEN
11-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Your post is very hard to read and follow. Maybe break it down to points and go from there,..

4x4Dalton
11-08-2010, 08:15 PM
For the CB part. Where on yer XJ is the antenna located? Also check to make sure everyone is on same channel that will make it sound like that sometimes.

Mudderoy
11-09-2010, 09:02 AM
ok, i got a 94 Cherokee with a 5 speed. now iv been wondering this for awhile now and i dont wana sound stupid for asking but i wana know haha.

ok, im sure u know the noise when u pull out with a manual if ur in a higher gear say, 2nd and pulling out at a red light.

whats that metal can like sound ya hear n then it goes away once u get going.....

and also the cb question.. i have a 4 foot fire stick and so does my friend. we both for the same cb (walmart) and my other buddy has same cb but a walmart antenna... now, me and the kid with the walmart antenna can hear each other fine. The kid with the same antenna as me cant hear me and says i sound like an alien talking, But i can hear him perfect...any ideas what that can be and why?....

next question..

hows the accel tune up kits? it comes with bigger wires n accel plugs cap and rotor?

What make and model is your friend's CB, the one you sound like an alien on?

XJ4IV
11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
your buddies CB needs to be tuned with a SWR meter...basically all those dials on the CB need adjustment... ALSO the Firestick antennas are tunable as well... remove the red cap on top and you will see a brass looking ball threaded into the antenna this is an adjustment... best to let a pro tune it ... I have NO clue how to do it I had mine done by a CB guy

BlueXJ
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
The sound your engine makes is it trying to die due to the load that higher gear is pulling. The tin can is raw fuel ignighting inside the exhaust pipe or muffler I am told.

TeXJ
11-17-2010, 09:30 AM
your friend that cant hear you on the CB, can he hear the other guy fine? If he cant check to make sure that he has it wired correctly. Or swap his cb with yours and see if there is a difference.