PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder head issue....still

ice_cold
11-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Okay got a cylinder head, got all the work done on it. Installed, finally got it all sealed up...Start filling the rad..after a bit, all looks good, pour a little more..WTF!!!
Get under, can't see anything, go back up top...nothing...rock the truck...found it. I have a bolt hole at the back of the head and coolant is coming out of it. Go back to the old head...no bolt hole...now we is puzzled.
So need to know from the 91 to 95 crowd, what is in that hole?
My Jeep is a 98, the old head casting was 0630. The new head has a casting of 7120. This makes it a 91 to 95, other than flow rates being better, I can' t figure out what the difference is.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

Mudderoy
11-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Okay got a cylinder head, got all the work done on it. Installed, finally got it all sealed up...Start filling the rad..after a bit, all looks good, pour a little more..WTF!!!
Get under, can't see anything, go back up top...nothing...rock the truck...found it. I have a bolt hole at the back of the head and coolant is coming out of it. Go back to the old head...no bolt hole...now we is puzzled.
So need to know from the 91 to 95 crowd, what is in that hole?
My Jeep is a 98, the old head casting was 0630. The new head has a casting of 7120. This makes it a 91 to 95, other than flow rates being better, I can' t figure out what the difference is.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

Temp sensor?

ice_cold
11-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, went searching, found nothing...then for some reason I did a search on temp, because its in the jacket....need to find a way to plug it so I can get on the road. Till I get a pillar mount, then it will be where the temp gauge will go.

Mudderoy
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah, went searching, found nothing...then for some reason I did a search on temp, because its in the jacket....need to find a way to plug it so I can get on the road. Till I get a pillar mount, then it will be where the temp gauge will go.

Well if you can afford a temp gauge that would be the simplest thing to get to fix it.

4.3LXJ
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Chances are it is pipe thread. If so, get a brass fitting and plug it.