PDA

View Full Version : Rustoleum bed liner

Dirt Dogg Rydas
11-04-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm thinking about doing this to the side of the XJ but was curious if anybody has used this brand before It seems to be the cheapest one I can find plus I have the autozone reward card so I'll save an extra $20.
http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/rso/248916/image/4/

Also How much of it do you think i'll need I'm planning on doing from the body line down. something like this but all the way down.
http://xjtalk.com/picture.php?albumid=8&pictureid=1773

XJ4IV
11-04-2010, 07:47 AM
WHICH body line? the one above the wheel wells or the one below? Also it depends on how many coats are you doing several to offer real protection againt rocks and such or just a light coat for tree brush and minor things. If a one coat will do it for you then one can from the lowest body line down if you want it thick like the do in the beds then you will need two

DETOURS
11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
I would'nt use that.

bluedragon436
11-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I have seen and heard mixed results from that stuff.... I would just recommend purchasing the Herculiner myself... but that is just me....

Dirt Dogg Rydas
11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
I've seen the herculiner also at autozone but at $100 a gallon I'm not sure I can afford it they also have the quarts for $30 but not sure how much I would need

bluedragon436
11-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah I'm not sure on how much it would take either... I have been wanting to do my floors in my XJ, the bed of my wife's 1500 Ram... and then thought about just doing the lower rockers, as well as the bottom of the doors and the little entry steps... mainly just want to hit up my floor and my wife's truck for now... I know the gallon should cover most of your sides, if not all of what you were wanting to cover... not sure on how many quarts it would take...

DETOURS
11-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Herculiner is not very 'UV' stable.......it fades and get chaulky.....2 coats are required for exterior app's.

A quart will do an XJ's interior floor area, I would again suggest 2 coats.

All surfaces need to be scuffed, otherwise it wont adhere....

Herculiner is GREAT for the under carriage, interior and wheelwells......expect large little goblets in the finish.....they can be smoothed, but its a pain.

Rattle cans such as "Duplicolor" and "Plasticoat" brands are excellent for bumpers, sliders and things of that nature.......those are the only rattle can brands I'd ever suggest......