PDA

View Full Version : Where did you get that part SO CHEAP

XJ4IV
11-03-2010, 11:52 AM
ok everyone has to help on this thread I decided to check out 1ATony's website 1AAuto.com for parts... and I found this
TWO hub bearing assemblies for under a hundred bucks SHIPPED... you cannot beat that anywhere...I got a deal at napa once for half off with the company I used to work for and it was still 140 for a pair....
Check this out
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/wheel-bearing-hub-front/Jeep/Cherokee/1ASHS00004/277579/1992

Guys PLEASE add to this thread cause I HATE shopping around for parts and everyone says "we price match guarantee" ONLY if its the same brand and NOBODY carries the same house brands

4x4Dalton
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Heres another site I ran across...PartsTrain.com they have some good prices.

gary63
11-03-2010, 07:47 PM
what bearings are being used there are some out there that are useing ball bearings and they don't last as long and are weaker. also autozonehave both
so there are others

MyJeepUnlimited
11-03-2010, 09:13 PM
ok everyone has to help on this thread I decided to check out 1ATony's website 1AAuto.com for parts... and I found this
TWO hub bearing assemblies for under a hundred bucks SHIPPED... you cannot beat that anywhere...I got a deal at napa once for half off with the company I used to work for and it was still 140 for a pair....
Check this out
hid kits (http://electronicfiend.com/hid-kits/) http://www.1aauto.com/1A/wheel-bearing-hub-front/Jeep/Cherokee/1ASHS00004/277579/1992

Guys PLEASE add to this thread cause I HATE shopping around for parts and everyone says "we price match guarantee" ONLY if its the same brand and NOBODY carries the same house brands

:smiley-scared002::smiley-scared002:

Wow, beautiful. That is greatly appreciated. :):)

msmoorenburg
11-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Not to bust a bubble but pickapark has them for $15 and 1/2 off on Holidays :smiley-scared002: and the 2wd's work great :thumbsup:

XJ4IV
11-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Not to bust a bubble but pickapark has them for $15 and 1/2 off on Holidays :smiley-scared002: and the 2wd's work great :thumbsup:

but these are NEW with a warranty
but yes for a trail spare the used ones are good PLUS how much trust can you put into a rusted ole bearing SOME things I just wont get at a JY

rguignard
11-04-2010, 08:30 AM
but yes for a trail spare the used ones are good PLUS how much trust can you put into a rusted ole bearing SOME things I just wont get at a JY

i got 2 off a 96 and they were new and work great and with the 2wd you have the outer axle for driving home if you brake a axle u joint :thumbsup:

msmoorenburg
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM

its all in how you use it:thumbsup: the mfg may say abuse since water in sealed bearing = bad and possibly no warranty. So for $7.50 to $15 and you can tell if the bearing is good or bad. So i'll go the cheep route and have the added security on the 2wd pin, so if you break a axle your not stuck with a bearing that will come apart on the trail:thumbsup: trust me they come apart just pushing them around the shop with out a axle in them:headshake:

XJ4IV
11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
lol nver though about the 2wd to get back home...

Mudderoy
11-05-2010, 09:14 AM
lol nver though about the 2wd to get back home...

I know. I'd like to see some pictures so I could understand better.

steph74
11-05-2010, 09:16 AM
wondering how good is Rockauto.com ? their prices are fairly good....

when shopping online for my tranny mount, I came to the aweful conclusion that it doesn;t matter where you get it unless someone has a screaming promo on shipping. In the end they were all at the same price once shipped (for example one at $68 + $23 Shipping and handling; another one $90.5 with free shipping, or $79+$11 shipping)

What I usually do, I print the invoices, find an average price shipped and go to my favorite O'Reilly auto part store and negotiate a discount on their part.... I pay less, get it quicker and can return it easily if it is not working good or wrong part.... they get a happy customer that spend way too much time in their store...

cantab27
11-05-2010, 01:50 PM
i know i know , but before the hard *** comments about prices-es , this is the best site in nz that i have found ,,, ya either in here or the dealer ship ,,, and even you guys know what the dealer is like
http://www.offroadspecialties.co.nz/

XJ Rat
11-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Interesting about the 2WD hub. I would just get an axle assembly from the JY and throw that in if a shaft were to break on the trail. Murphys law, 4WD will still be needed to get outta the trail area I am in.

I have seen front wheels separate from Dana 30s after the axle shaft broke.

Regularly use RockAuto.com, the Junkyard http://www.houstonpickapart.com/houston.html , Autozone, and every so often the stealership for unique parts I cannot get at other locations.