PDA

View Full Version : Sensors I have changed...

Mudderoy
10-27-2010, 09:16 AM
These are the sensors that I have changed and I have noticed NO difference in performance or MPG!

1. Oxygen sensors (front one "Upstream" 3 times!)
2. TPS - Throttle position sensor
3. MAP - Manifold Absolute Pressure
4. IAT - Air Temp Sensor
5. CPS
6. CKS

I think IAC is the only thing I haven't changed!

4.3LXJ
10-27-2010, 10:59 AM
It might just be you have a lead foot Tony:D

Mudderoy
10-27-2010, 06:46 PM
It might just be you have a lead foot Tony:D

Hey I mentioned performance.

Jeepster19
11-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Did you use oem sensors or aftermarket?I was just wondering because some aftermarket parts are built to oem specs but do not perform as well.It may cost more for the oe parts but you will be happy with the results over a aftermarket part.Generally there is no substitute for O.E.M. parts,just my opinion of course.

Mudderoy
11-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Did you use oem sensors or aftermarket?I was just wondering because some aftermarket parts are built to oem specs but do not perform as well.It may cost more for the oe parts but you will be happy with the results over a aftermarket part.Generally there is no substitute for O.E.M. parts,just my opinion of course.

All aftermarket with the exception of the 3rd O2 sensor. That is a Chrysler/Jeep part. I got it because of mpg and the same thing you just said. NO CHANGE IN MPG.

Jeepster19
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
There has got to be something to get better mileage.I get between 14&15 mpg around town now that I have changed to Sunoco gas.Before I was only getting 260 milkes to a tankful,and that is stuffed full to the top.I am thinkn about replacing the o2 sensors but I want to get a reading on them first to see how far out of whack they are.How much did you pay for the oe o2 sensor?Forgot to add this,I now get between 290&300 miles to a tank.

Mudderoy
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM
There has got to be something to get better mileage.I get between 14&15 mpg around town now that I have changed to Sunoco gas.Before I was only getting 260 milkes to a tankful,and that is stuffed full to the top.I am thinkn about replacing the o2 sensors but I want to get a reading on them first to see how far out of whack they are.How much did you pay for the oe o2 sensor?Forgot to add this,I now get between 290&300 miles to a tank.

Crap I forget. I have it posted here somewhere. I think it was around $90.

XJ4IV
11-02-2010, 10:26 PM
You guys are SICK... Id be lucky to break 200 on a tank, but I think I wanna go ahead and swap the O2 sensor

dagod16
03-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Why are you guys swapping sensors if its not broken.

slvmart
03-04-2016, 02:59 AM
Best way to improve mpg. Go back to stock suspension, tires, gearing, etc. :boohoo:

I got my best highway mpg on a round trip to Houston. 21.6 mpg, while it was new to me. About 1200 mi each way. Of course, those long hauls also bring out the best in mpg. Can't touch that today. My F350 gets about the same mpg as my XJ. Around 16 mpg, on a good day. But then, the XJ doesn't exactly get used as a highway cruiser, anymore.

abebehrmann
03-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Why are you guys swapping sensors if its not broken.

At the time I think Mudderoy was trying to figure out why he was getting such terrible mileage. Pretty sure the real culprit is his right foot... :smiley-taunt002:

Mudderoy
03-04-2016, 11:47 AM
I wish I had posted the mpg I was getting. It hasn't changed since the swap to 4.56 gears. Well it did improve when more of my driving was highway, but that's just math. 11.7 was the norm and 12.5 was the best (if I am remembering correctly)

That's all I'm going to get. Two different motors, mpg didn't change.

slvmart
03-05-2016, 05:22 AM
That's about what I was attempting to say. We build what we think we want and then we would like to get the same performance as when it was stock.

Maybe it's like wives ? Be happy with what you have developed over time and don't worry about all the imperfections :pray: :smiley-scared003: . Or it can just turn into a even more vicious circle. You end up here -> :bang:

Basslicks
03-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Dude... don't spend money on an IAC unless you have to. Get some brake parts cleaner, a new TB gasket and take off the TB and IAC and clean them. That's what I did with mine and they both look like brand new now.