PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Metlic53!!!

4.3LXJ
10-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Metlic53! Thank you for joining xjtalk

Tell us more about you, your Jeep, and what brought you here.

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Metlic53
10-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Metlic53! Thank you for joining xjtalk

Tell us more about you, your Jeep, and what brought you here.

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

I've got a 97 XJ sport 4.0 with approximately 4.5 inches of lift, 164k miles, lift consists of 3 inch pro comp springs and a 2 inch spacer, in the back is 3 inch rough country leafs with a 1.5 inch shackle. it sits about even, was thinking about putting a one inch block in the rear but i hate blocks and dont want axle wrap so i'll probably buy a longer shackle if i can find one, maybe (tereflex revolver?) or new leafs idk. they only have 40k on them. Mickey thompson classic lock wheels with 31 BFG A/T's (Pain in the butt to keep clean!) Warrior roof rack with 4 kc lights. Winch bumper and XRC-8 winch. (Ebay bumper that looks awesome). Custom4x4fabrication rear bumper with tire carrier. Smiley face tire cover with beard :thumbsup: Bushwhacker fender flares. Infinity sound system with 2 fosgate amps, one amp for the 4 door speakers, 1 amp for the 2 12inch JL Audio Subs in the back :smiley-laughing021: , white face gauges, Neon Injectors, 63mm Throttle body, K&N CAI, APN Header, 2.5 inch exhaust to high flow magnaflow Cat, 2.5in pipe to flowmaster super 40, 2 1/4in turndown before the axle (sounds really good for a Six banger). Soon to come! Control arm drop brackets on order, pillar gauges for tranny temp and oil pressure and temp, tranny cooler, mechanical fan delete for electric fan, ARB Snorkel, tranny cass skid, ECTED dana 30 locker. Thats alot of info on my XJ cherokee. There are many other things i have done. I just love working on JEEPS! :smiley-gen165:

cantab27
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM
welcome mate ...pics pics please

Metlic53
10-24-2010, 04:10 PM
welcome mate ...pics pics please

as soon as i get off work i will be home and upload some pictures, i do not have any on my work computer. dont worry they will be here soon!

4.3LXJ
10-24-2010, 04:46 PM
There are many other things i have done. I just love working on JEEPS! :smiley-gen165:

We will get along well Meltic.:thumbsup:

bigjim350
10-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Welcome. Hope we can meet up some time and go wheeling.

Metlic53
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome. Hope we can meet up some time and go wheeling.

sweet sounds good. you ever go riding at the san jacinto river in Magnolia Bend? It gets nasty when it rains. Myself and a YJ were stuck for 2 hours down there with 2 winches. we went down a hill that was dry, then it started pouring, so we were driving through the middle of the river and it rose like 3 ft within minutes so we started heading back up and this hill is almost straight up, easy when dry, but i got half way up before i started sliding back down and slid off into a hole on the right almost into trees, if it werent for my buddy holding the trees out of the way it would have done alot of body damage to the right passenger door. i winched myself up the 30 ft hill which took forever! I guarantee boggers couldn't even go up that hill, it was complete sludge. i got soaking wet and muddy, i was kinda miserable and wanted to get home after that haha its fun down there when dry, alot of sand and obstacles to ride on. i'm surprised at how well my bfg's hold up in the nasty sugary sand. 48k miles on them and still looking good.

Do you go wheeling in the winter time? I usually keep the wheeling for the warmer weather. i dont mud in the winter, usually just short trail rides. i dont like the coldd

bigjim350
10-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I used to go to the river, but haven't been in a while. I like to go wheeling year round. I actually prefer wheeling in the winter, no cooling issues, and no sweating. Plus I have a lot of insulation that keeps me warm :)