PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Stories

prerunner1982
10-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Being this time of year it is time to hear everyone's ghost stories...

Post em up....

DETOURS
10-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I've said in the past, this property is haunted........2 nights ago, around 3:20 am I heard either a child or womans voice say "Hello" clear as day, in our bedroom.....I was semi awake, wife was sleeping and Owen was sound asleep on the couch in the same room, the couch is to my right.....the voice did'nt come from his direction.......I sat up.......nothing.
Now I'm wishing I said hello in return.......

After alot of research, I turned up some crazy happenings which went down in this area years ago.....
This is one of the 'mildest' accounts of the history:
http://frontierhistory.blogspot.com/2008/11/native-american-or-indian-heritage.html
Where as described as being surrounded by a "horseshoe shaped ridge", that is where my property lays.
I have alot, lot more to include witches & a man being staked alive.....but those links are much harder to follow.....

prerunner1982
10-21-2010, 09:36 AM
I will post a couple stories..

First is my father’s.. in college he lived in a haunted house. They (him and roommates) would on occasion see what looked like glitter fall from the ceiling and then when it would touch the floor a cloud of smoke would rise and then it would be gone.. but if they were to talk through the area where it happened the air temp was about 20* less than the rest of the room. One night while studying, him and a roommate were in the kitchen getting snacks while the other roommate was in the room at the end of the hall. They could see each other and were talking. The glitter and smoke appeared at the end of the hall nearest the kitchen. They got the snack and as they headed down the hall the temp dropped in that one area. When they were done studying they walked back down the hall and the cool spot had moved down the hall to where they were. He also would sit straight up in bed in the middle of the night to see the glitter and smoke appear at the end of the bed. He said he never felt threatened, but the 3 guys could never keep a 4th roommate because they would always see the ghost and leave. When they eventually moved out of the house my Dad talked to the landlord, she said the house next door had had similar reports but never from this particular house. The only thing they could come up with was that the landlords mother had originally owned the property/houses and had passed a few years back and must have been keeping an eye on the property.

Now my own story…

I was about 10 or so and laying in bed one night. My bed was under a large window which looked out to the back porch. The porch was covered in chicken wire and grapevines except at one end which led to the back yard where I had two large dogs that were very protective unless they knew you. This particular night I heard what I thought was someone playing the drums. It was soft so I thought it was someone in their garage down the street… I lightly tapped a tune on my head board and the drum played it back to me. I freaked and ran across the house to my Dad’s room where he was asleep. I figured he would think I was crazy (this was before I knew his own ghost story) so I went back to my room and tried to go to sleep. The next morning when he went out back to feed the dogs I went with him and found a plastic plant pot (like a plant comes in when you buy it) turned upside down in the exact middle of the porch outside of my bedroom window. It was like someone was sitting there playing it like a drum. Again the dogs were not making any noise that night…

About 7 years ago my wife and I were living in a town house, when we got ready to go somewhere I couldn’t find my truck keys. I always put them in the same spot EVERY time.. still do. They were not there.. I grabbed the spare set and we left. When we got home my keys were where they should have been… In the same month my wife and I were in the bedroom watching TV while our daughter (3yrs old) played at the top of the stairs right outside the bedroom door. She was talking… going on and on.. when asked who she was talking to she said the pretty lady.

A few years ago while my wife was pregnant my wife felt someone sit on the edge of her side of the bed.

The only thing I can figure is the “ghost” is my mother. She died when I was a year old and was very pretty….

Not nearly as good as Detours I know....

DETOURS
10-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Lets hear those alien abduction stories.......

DeftwillP
10-21-2010, 09:19 PM
.....and then the moderator said "the troll is trolling from within the forum"

DETOURS
10-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Again, heres a little more from my research, this is an exerpt from the following link:
http://www.indigogroup.co.uk/edge/bdemails.htm

Note the reference to Rolph Hollow, and that this contribution was made by a decendent.....

"I enjoyed recently reading your article on 'Black Dogs in Folklore,' on the Internet, and thought you may be interested in my own research. Briefly, I finished a Doctorate Folklore years ago, and published a book with the University of Tennessee Press, in 1994, entitled, To Shoot, Burn, and Hang: Folk History from a Kentucky Mountain Family & Community. It contains a number of events which transpired in the late 19th and early 20th centuries in the mountain section of Northeastern Kentucky where all my family and I are from, including a 'witch-burning' that transpired there in 1898.

The reason I bring the above to your attention, is in my book, chapter four, "This is the Tree of Justice,' I include the personal experience narrative of my great-grand-father, John E. Rolph, who saw the proverbial, shaggy-haired animal, with eyes as hesaid, "like balls of fire," about "the size of a calf," in ''Rolph Hollow," (or 'holler' as we say in the Southern Mountain Dialect. He thought he''d seen the Devil, and took it as a token or sign of evil, since that night, a mob broke into the Fleming County, KY jail and took out a man named William Thacker, whom they castrated, tore his tongue out, drove wooden pegs and also pins through his body, drug him behind a horse and finally hung him on a tree near 'Rolph Hollow.' This was in July of 1903.

The 'red-eyed' thing was seen on a number of occasions after this as well in the Hollow. If you can't get the book in England, I'd be more than happy to mail you the chapter, which includes other references (some of which you have in your article) on the 'Black Dog' sightings. My Rolph family and all the families in the area at that time were of English, Scot-Irish ancestry, as are most people in Kentucky. What ever the 'thing' is, it appears to haunt crossroads and appears at the sight or near the place of a murder or where violence has occurred. I tried to place the our family's experience in its cultural and ethnic context, but also showed examples outside of that of British lore. "

Daniel Rolph [December 1999]

Again, after researching.....this property is Rolph Hollow, the locals dont even know that it was called this at one time.

Now......That 'tree of justice' mentioned, just might be the big ol' oak tree in my back yard......I hung a tire swing off it for Owen, at 4 years old....he wants very little to nothing...to do with it.

Have'nt prsonally witnessed a 'Black Dog'......but there is alot of activity in the mountain behind the house at night.....I know for a fact theres a black bear up there.....but that dosent explain everything.

Jamie Lynn
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok, so some of you know that I'm part of a paranormal group. In October we did 2 investigations at Gettysburg. We ended up doing an evening investigation and on the 30th of October we did a 6 am one.

While walking around in the Wheatfield..I took some pretty cool pictures. I tried to upload them but they were too big to fit but if you want to check them out, I will put them up in an album on my profile.

What I caught on the pictures was quiet great. In the pictures you can see that something was trying to manifest. Let me know then what you think of them.

DETOURS
11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Kool......

1st one.......dancing with the stars??
or more serious.....looks to be jumping.....

2nd one......I see a dogs face, looks as if it's aproaching.....

3rd.....something getting up from the ground......

Those are really very good shots.
What was the weather conditions?

Jamie Lynn
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Clear night, about 55 degrees outside. It was gorgeous outside..

Jamie Lynn
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Kool......

1st one.......dancing with the stars??
or more serious.....looks to be jumping.....

2nd one......I see a dogs face, looks as if it's aproaching.....

3rd.....something getting up from the ground......

Those are really very good shots.
What was the weather conditions?

I put some other pictures up..if you want to look at them you are more then welcome to and you can comment on them on my profile..