PDA

View Full Version : NAXJA.org (North American XJ Association)

rguignard
10-20-2010, 11:53 AM
well i might have started some shit over there i posted my feelings about that site on a thread that bigjim put up over there. so we might get some new peeps sighing on :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

JENSSEN
10-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Link? this thread is worthless without it!

bluedragon436
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Nothing wrong with new peeps... Nothing wrong with expressing your feelings either... hopefully they will just be mature about it and leave it alone, and not want to try and start BS drama like some sites do when the truth comes out... It is like Pirate.. quite a few people had the BS that goes on there.. I am one of them... but I still frequent there for ideas, and writeups... so won't stay off that site, but I don't go on there very often... haven't been on NAXJA too much of late either honestly...

prerunner1982
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1046099&highlight=rguignard

bigjim350
10-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Perhaps I should have made a thread over there to go Mall Crawling.

bluedragon436
10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Mall crawling... you are better off making a thread about actual rock crawling... at least then it would be something they haven't already heard or seen... :smiley-laughing021:

cantab27
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
way to go rene .....now time sit back and watch the :hitsfan: :smiley-laughing021:

rguignard
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
we got someone on here that just joined from there btw i didnt post that for getting peeps on here im just sick of them (the bods) not doing anything with the rrc over there its like they dont care about it

Mudderoy
10-20-2010, 03:34 PM
I just posted the link to "Rene's off road adventure" or what ever we called it in that NAXJA post. Now they'll have proof you go off road! :smiley-laughing021:

4.3LXJ
10-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I saw it. NAXJA is just like any other forum. In spite of any reputation, there are plenty of arm chair critics who claim omniscience. That is why I wear boots when surfing the forums.

Mudderoy
10-20-2010, 03:41 PM
I saw it. NAXJA is just like any other forum. In spite of any reputation, there are plenty of arm chair critics who claim omniscience. That is why I wear boots when surfing the forums.

Yep yep. 99.9% of the people are 99.9% good and helpful folks over there. We just remember the Rossie Odonnel types the most. :smiley-laughing021:

http://www.bigleaguewiffleball.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rosie-odonnel-has-wiffle-chest.jpg

4.3LXJ
10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
:wow: thanks for the pic. I always knew she was a little butch

bluedragon436
10-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Wow that pic is pretty scary.... Yeah I have my hip waders on when I go on some of the forums... just hate having to funnel past all the BS to get useful information... kind of takes away from the point/fun... especially when you got a crappy internet connection already to fight with...

rguignard
10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Yep yep. 99.9% of the people are 99.9% good and helpful folks over there. We just remember the Rossie Odonnel types the most. :smiley-laughing021:

http://www.bigleaguewiffleball.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rosie-odonnel-has-wiffle-chest.jpg

tony is that you with her face on :shocker::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
10-20-2010, 04:50 PM
tony is that you with her face on :shocker::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

That reminds me of those "banned" stickers I wanted to get to go on top of the xjtalk stickers. :mad0090:

DETOURS
10-20-2010, 05:15 PM
It would'a been slammed if it was'nt in a regional area of the forum with typically limited exposier.....

rguignard
10-20-2010, 05:55 PM
That reminds me of those "banned" stickers I wanted to get to go on top of the xjtalk stickers. :mad0090:

i was just picking on you :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

bigjim350
10-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I made my Official response over there.

alwaysxj
10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't think what you said was bad... in my chapter I will post up that I will be running a trail and they say well how hard is it how big are the rocks.... come on
I guess we can just go to the car wash then go to the mall and say we went wheeling...

Mudderoy
10-20-2010, 07:01 PM
i was just picking on you :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

And you think I'm not picking on you? :cheerleader:

rguignard
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I made my Official response over there.
so you trying for this????
:sign0024::lmao:

if we dont get it i will be amazed

DeftwillP
10-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Wow, how ironic that I joined this forum last week. Anyway, it looks like we're (the OP and I) have similar feelings about what's going on.

Hugs and kisses from naxja.

rguignard
10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow, how ironic that I joined this forum last week. Anyway, it looks like we're (the OP and I) have similar feelings about what's going on.

Hugs and kisses from naxja.

i think there are way more than just the 3 of use (you & me and bigjim ) that feel that way :thumbsup:

DETOURS
10-21-2010, 07:56 AM
I cant really contribute to this without offending someone......That said, now that you have a BoD member having to defend his actions over there.....I will say this......
I myself have been a Founder & BoD member of a regional club in the New England area, it became over 125 paying membership strong, many, many events, 4 M&G's a year, annual quarterly meetings, the whole shabang.......Being apart of the BoD did infact become one of the most thankless jobs available.......even when things went great, 1 or 3 people had a bitch.....constantly......I think it's human nature, but over time it made me swear off clubs, it is infact thankless.
Personally, I feel if you dont actually belong to a club, (NAXJA or other) you should'nt bitch at or about them, after all you're not contributing and only makes it harder for those who are attempting to do a job on spare time.

Been there, done that................

Mudderoy
10-21-2010, 08:53 AM
I cant really contribute to this without offending someone......That said, now that you have a BoD member having to defend his actions over there.....I will say this......
I myself have been a Founder & BoD member of a regional club in the New England area, it became over 125 paying membership strong, many, many events, 4 M&G's a year, annual quarterly meetings, the whole shabang.......Being apart of the BoD did infact become one of the most thankless jobs available.......even when things went great, 1 or 3 people had a bitch.....constantly......I think it's human nature, but over time it made me swear off clubs, it is infact thankless.
Personally, I feel if you dont actually belong to a club, (NAXJA or other) you should'nt bitch at or about them, after all you're not contributing and only makes it harder for those who are attempting to do a job on spare time.

Yeah I don't do clubs. It always ends in gun play then you have to bury a body. Some people say to use lime, others not to use lime, more shooting... extremely tiring, expensive (ammo isn't cheap!) and no one likes to dig. I mean NO ONE! Let's not even talk about the reminder threats you have to give everyone to stay quite about it. Oh and when "Crime Stoppers" puts up a $5k reward everyone starts dreaming about DANA 44 built to the hilt for their rigs, and there's more gun play. No clubs are bad, and least that's what I've been told. :thumbsup:

And I'll say it again. NAXJA is great! 99.9% of the people there are respectful, friendly and helpful. I was a paying member there for 2 years!

rguignard
10-21-2010, 08:55 AM

well i didnt say anything on here or on there that i didnt or wouldnt say to kirts or anyones face im not one to hide behind this or any comp ! i havent even said what i or my girlfriend did to help out kirt nor did i say anything to kirt that all of us ( standing around the campfire ) didnt say i was the only one with the balls ( or stupidity ) to say it to someone. btw i was going to join them but after rom i know that they ( naxja ) wasnt for me and i did find a home here :thumbsup:

rguignard
10-21-2010, 08:59 AM
And I'll say it again. NAXJA is great! 99.9% of the people there are respectful, friendly and helpful. I was a paying member there for 2 years!

x2 i met some really good people at rom some that i would love to wheel with again and 1 that become a very good friend :thumbsup:

bigjim350
10-21-2010, 12:03 PM

I agree with some of what you said. However it is quite obvious your club was ran much different than the Red River chapter. They have maybe 3 official events a year. And as far as being a contributing member, my first post on that site was in that chapter. I introduced myself and offered anybody to use my shop, lift, or tools. I really thought about joining but didn't want to till I acctually met some of the people. The only local thing I saw was a Wrench-athon at the Pres. house. I went there to help work on his ride for free, right after I got of work that night. He needed some parts I had so I drove all the way home to yank some springs off a dakota, then drove all the way back, to give them to him for free. When I got back the house was locked up, and everyone left. No phone call, no note, nothing. So I contributed all I was going to.

DETOURS
10-21-2010, 12:29 PM
That happens........my shop held 2 wrench fests, it's just part of it......my willingness to share became abused, guys ALWAYS expected things for free, it got so that I actually started avoiding some members.......all part of being in a club or on a club forum........Hence, most forums I log on as something other than 'Detour/Detours'.....it's just easier, as you can see...I started as Spanky "D" here on 'Talk to help get the forum rolling......but the covers been blown for a while now......:rotfl2:

rguignard
10-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree with some of what you said. However it is quite obvious your club was ran much different than the Red River chapter. They have maybe 3 official events a year. And as far as being a contributing member, my first post on that site was in that chapter. I introduced myself and offered anybody to use my shop, lift, or tools. I really thought about joining but didn't want to till I acctually met some of the people. The only local thing I saw was a Wrench-athon at the Pres. house. I went there to help work on his ride for free, right after I got of work that night. He needed some parts I had so I drove all the way home to yank some springs off a dakota, then drove all the way back, to give them to him for free. When I got back the house was locked up, and everyone left. No phone call, no note, nothing. So I contributed all I was going to.

same thing here we went out of are way to help out kirt and no anything so that was the end of it for me . is naxja a good site i feel it is overall but the rrc needs help

That happens........my shop held 2 wrench fests, it's just part of it......my willingness to share became abused, guys ALWAYS expected things for free, it got so that I actually started avoiding some members.......all part of being in a club or on a club forum........Hence, most forums I log on as something other than 'Detour/Detours'.....it's just easier, as you can see...I started as Spanky "D" here on 'Talk to help get the forum rolling......but the covers been blown for a while now......:rotfl2:

:thumbsup: yes it has but i didnt know for the longest time

Mudderoy
10-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Good lord! You guys know how to stir it up on NAXJA. :eek: :stars:

DETOURS
10-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Dont worry Mudd, it'll happen here some day............(take notes)

Mudderoy
10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Dont worry Mudd, it'll happen here some day............(take notes)

It's happened a few times here. Posts were cleaned up or deleted. People were banned as necessary and in all but one case all parties that were previously banned were unbanned.

:popcorn:

rguignard
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
i was nice on my last post but i did say what needed to be said

rguignard
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
opps same thing

bigjim350
10-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Anything I posted over there was never ment to cause any tension over here.

Mudderoy
10-21-2010, 04:44 PM

It certainly hasn't with me.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
10-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Wow! I'm gone for a few days and you guys really stir it up huh. LOL

DETOURS
10-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Not me......it's the interweb.....:cheerleader:

DeftwillP
10-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Rene and Jim, I was gonna commend you guys on taking the high road there at the end.

cantab27
10-21-2010, 09:20 PM
cool tony mentioned a meet and great in new Zealand on naxja .. cool think i could make that one ....:thumbsup: .... shit can have it at my place .....:D

toebee97
10-21-2010, 10:02 PM
I thought it was hilarious, especially

"And as far as being just a forum user, what am I paying for if I join? I come and look here from time to time just to see if maybe there is something going on. Nope, no meet and greet, hardly any wheeling. So whats the point. I have gone wheeling with some great people from XJTALK and Houston Jeep people, and have NEVER been asked for any money. Pay for the great advice you say, well if I belived half the advice on this forum, I would think I need D60's, 40", lockers, and long arms to get down my driveway. And if there are any questions you get flamed like crazy. So become a member? May as well pay a whore to come over and Not screw me while she talks shit to me. Oh and if you check out xjtalk, please enjoy the pic of my jeep on the home screen."

That was epic. I'm glad someone finally said it. I registered there a while back, but after reading all the flame threads I won't even consider posting. And as far as paying, F that. xjtalk is better anyway, people are friendly and helpful here instead of insulting and condescending.

Indiana Jeep
10-22-2010, 10:23 AM
xjtalk is better anyway, people are friendly and helpful here instead of insulting and condescending.

AMEN!!!!!:patriot::):thumbsup:
I wouldn't have been able to finish most of my projects, not to mention ideas that I never even thought of, without all the great help and advice from the members here! xjtalk freakin rules!!!!!

Mudderoy
10-22-2010, 10:41 AM
AMEN!!!!!:patriot::):thumbsup:
I wouldn't have been able to finish most of my projects, not to mention ideas that I never even thought of, without all the great help and advice from the members here! xjtalk freakin rules!!!!!

lol I like the ideas that no one has ever thought of too, but DAMN they can get expensive! :smiley-laughing021:

4.3LXJ
10-22-2010, 11:04 AM
lol I like the ideas that no one has ever thought of too, but DAMN they can get expensive! :smiley-laughing021:

You been hanging around my shop out here Tony?