PDA

View Full Version : Live "How to" web cast?

JENSSEN
10-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Let me premise this by say I am by no means a professional, but I wanted to gauge the interest in having a once a week/month "how to" on doing auto repairs, some advanced some basic.

I would like your input on what you would like to see worked on; be it floor repair, body work, pulling dents, fabrication, mechanical,.. doesn't really matter and if I don't know how or have never done it we can learn together. I can show ways of doing things with simple tools re purposed or with some of the "proper" tools and techniques that I know.

I also work at a Large industrial supplier so I may be able to show off new tools or products available in the market today,..

I did some tests last night and before any of this can happen I need to upgrade the garage computer and in the future if it all pans out a better web cam. Also I will have to get someone to man the chat on my end .

And a question to the tech savvy guys out there in regards to hardware,.. can I hook my digital SD Video camera into my computer some how to get a better zoom and focus?

So let me know your thoughts and if you like the idea , what would you want to see?

rguignard
10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
great idea

Mudderoy
10-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Let me premise this by say I am by no means a professional, but I wanted to gauge the interest in having a once a week/month "how to" on doing auto repairs, some advanced some basic.

I would like your input on what you would like to see worked on; be it floor repair, body work, pulling dents, fabrication, mechanical,.. doesn't really matter and if I don't know how or have never done it we can learn together. I can show ways of doing things with simple tools re purposed or with some of the "proper" tools and techniques that I know.

I also work at a Large industrial supplier so I may be able to show off new tools or products available in the market today,..

I did some tests last night and before any of this can happen I need to upgrade the garage computer and in the future if it all pans out a better web cam. Also I will have to get someone to man the chat on my end .

And a question to the tech savvy guys out there in regards to hardware,.. can I hook my digital SD Video camera into my computer some how to get a better zoom and focus?

So let me know your thoughts and if you like the idea , what would you want to see?

They make video capture cards. You would want something that did 30 frames per second. PCI or PCIx would be fine. They also make video to USB adapters, but I am not sure how clear the image would be, or if it is 30 frames per second capable. A port port card (4 cameras) is about $150.

JENSSEN
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I am going to see how much I can upgrade the garage computer to optimize it so we don't have all the lag and such,.. 160 gig drive was donated by my buddy to get it back up to speed so far :)

bluedragon436
10-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Sounds like a good idea and a nice start!!!

prerunner1982
10-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I like it.. even simple stuff such as hooking up lights could be of help to someone...

But since the poor connection speed of my home computer removes me from the available audience I will have to resort to spending time chatting with Pink.

4.3LXJ
10-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Jensen. I think this would be a valuable thing for just about anyone here. I won't be able to partake though due to limits on how much I can download on my broad band. But, Tony has been working towards getting live interviews and such on here and I think this is just one more thing that would make this still the best site ever.

ice_cold
10-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I also work at a Large industrial supplier so I may be able to show off new tools or products available in the market today

Hmm, live in Calgary and large industrial...only 2 come to mind and only one comes to mind with the term "large".

Maybe - AGI?

JENSSEN
10-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Hmm, live in Calgary and large industrial...only 2 come to mind and only one comes to mind with the term "large".

Maybe - AGI?

You are indeed correct,.. calling it AGI you must of either worked or work for them I guess?

ice_cold
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Kinda, I work for Pelican Products, in Edmonton, as the Warehouse Supervisor. AGI is one of our larger clients.

JENSSEN
10-21-2010, 12:12 AM
I knew there must of been some connection,.. most people call it Acklands,..

To everyone else:

Anyhow,.. if there is enough interest I will do the web casts , if not I will plug away as usual,..

cantab27
10-21-2010, 12:21 AM
yeah , would be cool to see ,, sometimes watching is the best way to learn .... send those pics through , be one person here in new Zealand watching .....

ice_cold
10-21-2010, 08:56 AM
And another here in Edmonton.

JENSSEN
10-24-2010, 12:31 PM
only 10 people interested?

JENSSEN
11-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Now that the Montero has got paint, it should be out by the weekend which will then allow Me back to Jeep Projects,.. A few that people may want to see

1998 Jeep XJ that will receive:
-Door Hinge replacement
-re-allign the door
-Repair catch on door Sheet metal is cracked on door
-Manifold crack repair
-brakes (check) replace if necessary
-tune up

1989 Jeep MJ
-Fix hard cold start
-injector seal replacement / fuel rail
-Body work
-98 door conversion (fitting P/S Door and wiring)
-Body repair (Rocker panel, Cab Corner, Floor repair, General rust repair)
-Glass removal / Installation

1993 XJ Daily Driver

-Transfer case R&R to fix numerous leaks
-Engine Seals, possible quickie bearing swap on the bottom end :shocker:
-Fluid Change (Diffs/T-case/5Spd)

Just a few things I need to get done by Christmas,..

Any other requests so I can start planning the work load?