PDA

View Full Version : Lifting on the cheap...

ice_cold
10-19-2010, 12:29 PM
and I have a couple questions.

For the front I have a 4 1/2 set of TJ lift springs. Been told I will see around 3 to 3 1/2 inches of lift from these.

Figure S10 or Dakota rears, depends which ones I can find and what years I need.

Now, what else, is needed?
Shocks...recommendations?
Sway bars...do they need extending?
Brake lines

Not sure on what I am needing.

All help appreciated.

Mike

Mudderoy
10-19-2010, 12:44 PM
and I have a couple questions.

For the front I have a 4 1/2 set of TJ lift springs. Been told I will see around 3 to 3 1/2 inches of lift from these.

Figure S10 or Dakota rears, depends which ones I can find and what years I need.

Now, what else, is needed?
Shocks...recommendations?
Sway bars...do they need extending?
Brake lines

Not sure on what I am needing.

All help appreciated.

Mike

My 4.5" kit came with;
shocks
new sway bar links
brake line relocators
track bar drop
transfer case drop
4.5" leaf springs

bluedragon436
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
^^ good listing... I think with only 3 inches you don't have to mess with the track bar though... I think it is like 4+" you have to either drop it or swap it for an adjustable one... and also I think with keeping it under 4" you should be ok with vibes so you shouldn't need a TC drop either.. but if nothing else you could lift it, and if you have vibes order the TC drop then... or get it and then sell it if not needed..

4.3LXJ
10-20-2010, 11:14 AM
You will have to relocate your front brake lines, or get extended ones. Shocks are a toss up on this. You will have to install your front springs and see if your present shocks are long enough. But I can just about guarantee they are not. You will just have to measure. Rear shocks are guaranteed to be to short. You will have to measure this also, but will need to be in the neighborhood of 4" longer. You might check into JK shocks for this. Front sway bar links should be extended also. If you can weld, you can do this for pennies.

bigjim350
10-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I would go ahead and ditch the rear swaybar.

rugidone
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Ya, I threw S10 leaf packs in the rear, took 3 people in the back of the xj to get the stock shocks ON!

Front stock shocks work fine on the street with 3", offroad, they definitely limit you, if you leave stock shocks and front sway bar on, you should be ok with stock brakelines in front lol