PDA

View Full Version : My truck is for sale???

JENSSEN
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Well here is an odd one,.. in the last 14 days my Friends Montero picture showed up on craigslist San Fran for sale,.. now the picture shows the truck in the snow and the description is incorrect on the specs of the truck,.. but it is defiantly his truck in the picture.

Odd Yes,..

Now My buddy asks me why I am selling my 93 XJ I just finished in the spring,.. I said what? He said He had seen it on line same colour, same wheels, same truck,.. now my colour is custom, as are the black accents,.. I can guarantee that there is only one like it,.. He knows His Auto's so I tend to believe that He did in fact see it,.. just can't find it now.

Anyhow has this happened to any others?

rguignard
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Well here is an odd one,.. in the last 14 days my Friends Montero picture showed up on craigslist San Fran for sale,.. now the picture shows the truck in the snow and the description is incorrect on the specs of the truck,.. but it is defiantly his truck in the picture.

Odd Yes,..

Now My buddy asks me why I am selling my 93 XJ I just finished in the spring,.. I said what? He said He had seen it on line same colour, same wheels, same truck,.. now my colour is custom, as are the black accents,.. I can guarantee that there is only one like it,.. He knows His Auto's so I tend to believe that He did in fact see it,.. just can't find it now.

Anyhow has this happened to any others?

nope do you think someone just used the pics off the internet ? or its a SCAM :pee:

JENSSEN
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Well figuring the Montero ad said cash only and directed you to a shady spot in San Fran,.. I think scam,..

bluedragon436
10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I have seen this on many forums, and almost every time it was always attached with an ad saying cash only or personal checks only... and with some made up story that was peretty similar to the other similar ads.... so I would say it was probably a scam... if nothing else if you can find either ad again, send them an email and inquire about the vehicle a bit and seem genuine about wanting to purchase this nice setup vehicle they are supposedly trying to sell and see what you get in reply... don't let them know you know the vehicle, and/or know that it isn't theirs to sell... I found a few nice rigs for sale that I sent emails about and almost always got the same reply... something about joining the peace corps, or that their lives have taken a different turn and they are wanting to use the money or their time to help other people and no longer need the vehicle... it is always funny to read this crap...