PDA

View Full Version : xj79 is our latest member!

4.3LXJ
10-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Welcome xj79, Glad you have joined xjtalk!

How did you find us? Where are you from?

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

xj79
10-08-2010, 04:33 PM
a buddy of mine has an 87 xj he's going to sell me for 800 bucks.. i'm just lookin for some info on things i can do to make it a better vehicle and getting familiar with what i should be expecting out of my xj when the papers are signed over to me. i'm going to use it as an everyday driver just so i can get rid of a cramped up car that doesnt fit me at all. just to let yall know the honda civics are pretty good for mudding to lol. id like to lift it enough for 33x1250x15's. just wondering what suggestions yall may have to give me for the best ride/cost effective/ and minor offroad i can get. i will be using the 4x4 quite a bit pulling my boat out of the water at rivers and lakes with no boat ramp. as well as rocky/muddy terrain on the deer lease. i want it to look good and perform as well. just not the extreme 4 wheeling side of it.

Mudderoy
10-08-2010, 04:43 PM
a buddy of mine has an 87 xj he's going to sell me for 800 bucks.. i'm just lookin for some info on things i can do to make it a better vehicle and getting familiar with what i should be expecting out of my xj when the papers are signed over to me. i'm going to use it as an everyday driver just so i can get rid of a cramped up car that doesnt fit me at all. just to let yall know the honda civics are pretty good for mudding to lol. id like to lift it enough for 33x1250x15's. just wondering what suggestions yall may have to give me for the best ride/cost effective/ and minor offroad i can get. i will be using the 4x4 quite a bit pulling my boat out of the water at rivers and lakes with no boat ramp. as well as rocky/muddy terrain on the deer lease. i want it to look good and perform as well. just not the extreme 4 wheeling side of it.

For pulling a boat out wider tires, and a locker front or rear. Taller tires won't be necessary for that.

:welcome:

You can put 32x11.5x15 on an XJ with 4.5" lift. 33" with a 6.5" lift. If you don't mind trimming the fenders and bumpstopping you can get 33" tires on a smaller lift than 6.5"

4.3LXJ
10-08-2010, 07:44 PM
There are lots of things you can do for what you want. Try looking at some of the build threads here and then we can go from there. It is all a matter of time and money.

cantab27
10-08-2010, 09:22 PM
welcome to the site , good place for jeep info here ..x2 on what 4.3lxj said ....its all time and money ....patience will be ya friend ....keep us posted mate ....

xj79
10-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Well the good thing about gettin the jeep at 800 bucks is I have plenty of extra play money to throw at it and make it look great. I'm not scared to do any trimming or modifying if that's what needs to be done. I want it to look like a beast. I want to drive it through town and have people lookin at it sayin that's effin awesome lol. Just tryin to see what would look best and not compromise the on the highway ride to bad.

Jamie Lynn
10-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Welcome, I hope you will enjoy and like this site.:thumbsup: