PDA

View Full Version : going again

AzCat
10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
High, name is Rick first loged on back in April tring to work out the bugs in my 91xj limited. It had a rustys 4.5 on it. Caught fire on July 5th and burnt to the ground. After a period of being upset. We now have another one. it is a 88 xj with 3" procomp on the front, Rustys rear leafs soon to be added hope fully this week end. Working out the bugs again!!! Post pics when I get this all figured out.

4.3LXJ
10-05-2010, 04:51 PM
High, name is Rick first loged on back in April tring to work out the bugs in my 91xj limited. It had a rustys 4.5 on it. Caught fire on July 5th and burnt to the ground. After a period of being upset. We now have another one. it is a 88 xj with 3" procomp on the front, Rustys rear leafs soon to be added hope fully this week end. Working out the bugs again!!! Post pics when I get this all figured out.

We are looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
10-06-2010, 09:11 AM

What was the cause of the fire, and welcome back!

BlueXJ
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Welcome back to xjtalk.

AzCat
10-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I am not actually sure. My belief is that it blew a o ring on the fuel rail sprayed on the exhuast and thier you have it. That is the best I can come up with. I smelt gas threw the air like driving by a gas station. pulled over checked under the hood, tank, nothing drove about 10 min up hill flames inside and out. got the fam out and the rest is sa la vee. it is the only thing that did not get changed out in the trouble shooting process.

AzCat
10-08-2010, 10:03 PM
and thanks for the assist!

4x4Dalton
10-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Welcome back to xjtalk !