PDA

View Full Version : GUYS help me PLEASE!!!

XJ4IV
10-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I am doing some research for overhead console ideas... and I keep getting the same crap back from google just factory overhead consoles so I searched custom consoles and all I got back was a bunch of bling dudes tossing 22" screens up there and dvd systems and a couple of us wheelers with cb's up there. That being said I already have a CB up there but I wanna know what else I should toss up there... I was thinking a switch and gauge for my OBA system but thats only 4 inches sooo what else? I know a light OUGHT to go in there but any OTHER ideas? what would you put overhead if you had your way?

XJ4IV
10-04-2010, 12:46 AM
perhaps one of these for the kiddos...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1019-Eonon-19-LCD-Car-Flip-Down-16-9-Monitor-VGA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a0427914QQitemZ29045 1519764QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo having a VGA input we can just load movies onto our laptops and hook em up that way... no fussing over dvds no buying a seperate DVD player and I could mold ABS around it to look like its nothing when its closed

ice_cold
10-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Never really thought about it, not at that point yet.

Myself, either the ham or cb,radar detector,GPS unit, car audio system. Light source, switches for lights.
Anything that does not like water and I might need in a emergency...lol

Only thing I am having a issue with is the mike cords, hate being smacked by them.

Mudderoy
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
There is three things you should consider.

1) What do I want to keep out of the water?
2) What do I need within fingertip reach during an emergency?
3) What do I want to hit my head on during a roll over?

4.3LXJ
10-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I ran across a thread on another forum I think that had a shelf across there like some pick ups have with the visors attached and all. I will be making one that has like 10 switches eventually with provision for a camera also.

ice_cold
10-04-2010, 10:32 AM

Want to hit my head on?? Something soft please!!

XJ4IV
10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
There is three things you should consider.

1) What do I want to keep out of the water?
2) What do I need within fingertip reach during an emergency?

am i the only person that wheels and wears a seatbelt????
and as far as keeping things out of the water ... I dont go in deep water ... I just dont do it anymore so I was thinking of yes light switches an LED dome light
external speaker for CB... the CB of course and possibly all the operations for on board air such as on of toggle and pressure gauge but I still have a little more room perhaps a small screen for rearview camera... Ive seen a guy use that while wheeling once it was GREAT ... nothing HUGE just a small 3 inch screen... GPS is a possibility but most likely a clip for my cell phone with a charger port so I can load "my tracks" from google... possibly score that 500 bucks for plotting brazos valley offroad ranch!!! anymore ideas guys KEEP EM COMING!

hookedonxjs
10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I think that mudderoy is right about what do you want to smack your noggin on. Unless you are really short there's not much head room up there. I was in the car audio biz and I couldn't beleive the B.S. people would dream up just for braggin rights. But if you insist buy some MDF, fibreglass and pull out your router and table saw and go at it. Here's a hint to getting a template, scibbing the contours. I've done weirder stuff than what your trying to do, so if you need more input let me know.

Mudderoy
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
I think that mudderoy is right about what do you want to smack your noggin on. Unless you are really short there's not much head room up there. I was in the car audio biz and I couldn't beleive the B.S. people would dream up just for braggin rights. But if you insist buy some MDF, fibreglass and pull out your router and table saw and go at it. Here's a hint to getting a template, scibbing the contours. I've done weirder stuff than what your trying to do, so if you need more input let me know.

I'm not going to say a thing Scott. :smiley-laughing021:

XJ4IV
10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
must be cause Im short...LOL Ive rolled over and all that was hurt in any way was my arm from the center console... the seatbelt kept me tight in the seat.
I think im done with it I got to thinking less is more up there... I even took out the factory portion to hold sunglasses.... sunglasses holder and STILL no cup holders if I do switches they will be unlit and on the driver side of it the lateral side of itand of course the switcheds will be simple black rocker switches with no light on em
I just found these on google, anybody know where I can get a few of these locally?
http://img.elec66.com/photo/product/44518/big-KCD6-201-2-Rocker-Switch-rocker-switch-toggle-switch-.jpg

rguignard
10-08-2010, 08:24 AM
I think that mudderoy is right about what do you want to smack your noggin on. Unless you are really short there's not much head room up there.

I'm not going to say a thing Scott. :smiley-laughing021:

tony you beat me to it :smiley-laughing021: its hard not to j/k scott

XJ4IV
10-08-2010, 08:50 AM
im short... no biggie... we can all move on now right... but I WONT HAVE TO DUCK