PDA

View Full Version : 89 jeep wagoneer limited hesitates at take off

greenchevy
10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I've had this problem since i got the jeep. When you first start the jeep it hesitates when you push on the gas or if your waiting at a light etc. Usually it will take off after the hesitation but sometimes it will die but you can will start it right back up. Also what is the input voltage suppose to be for the throttle position sensor(mine reads 4.66)(output 4.13)?Where can i get the upper bearings in the steering column?

4.3LXJ
10-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Steering wheel flopping? That can usually be fixed by tightening some nuts inside the column. Not sure on the voltage, but Blue XJ probably knows.

greenchevy
10-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Bearing fell apart when I removed steering wheel. Stealership what's 50 bucks for then.

4.3LXJ
10-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Wow. If I had the time I would go to a pick and pull for that.

greenchevy
10-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Yea went ecology auto parts and got the bearings for a 1 dollar. I had my map sensor checked and it works good. Had the alternator,battery,starter checked they worked. Not sure where else to look for why the jeep hesitates every once in a while.

pvt.Tadpol xj
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey Waggoner.. make sure your coolant temp. control sensor is good and make sure your connector is good. My jeep used to hesitate and run bad until i found that one of the two wires in my connector was barely making contact down inside there. I just stripped the wire a little bit and made sure it was down in there all the way and pushed a wood toothpic in behind it and snipped it off.