PDA

View Full Version : New from Huntsville, AL

czaplicki
09-29-2010, 09:39 PM
I just picked up a 1994 Jeep Cherokee. Just wanted to say Hi. If anyone is around Huntsville and knows of any good wheeling trails let me know.

Also I am a Mechanical Design Engineer so if anyone needs help building or designing parts let me know. I do some of my own fabrication such as roof racks.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi.

Nick

cantab27
09-29-2010, 09:52 PM
hi mate ,welcome to the site .... info and pics of ya jeep would be cool ... would take ya up on your offer to help build stuff , but I'm a bit far away ....... lol cheers

Mudderoy
09-30-2010, 02:48 AM
I just picked up a 1994 Jeep Cherokee. Just wanted to say Hi. If anyone is around Huntsville and knows of any good wheeling trails let me know.

Also I am a Mechanical Design Engineer so if anyone needs help building or designing parts let me know. I do some of my own fabrication such as roof racks.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi.

Nick

:welcome: You know you're going to need to share some more information like drawings and such. Of couse we'll need to see pictures of the "new to you" Jeep!

oderdene
09-30-2010, 04:14 AM
welcome to xjtalk, we will really appreciate if you post photos of your XJ and mods :D

czaplicki
09-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys!

I will post photos this weekend!

I work in ProE and Solidworks.

I have a solid model for a roof rack if anyone wants it, the native cad format is in SolidWorks but I can also send Step and other formats.

I will do drawings for it soon so you can have those as well.

4.3LXJ
09-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey Nick, back atcha. I am on the west coast, so I can't help much on the trails. I would make a suggestion or two though. Google is your friend, just search AL Trails. You will have to weed out foot trails etc. Or AL Off Road. You get the idea. There is also books of quad maps available at Barnes and Noble. I use these extensively combined with Google Earth to look for good possibilities. Many trails will be marked 4WD or OHV. Lastly contact a local club. They will know all the good ones.

czaplicki
01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all the help!

bluedragon436
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk!!