PDA

View Full Version : What are these called??

TheRedBull
09-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I just made sense of why I got a little rust around bottom frame of my xJ from the previous owner.
___What ever these are called , -are the plastic trim pieces that line the bottom of the frame between the front and back tires on both sides.. we're missing.
Other that probably a salvage yard I was trying to find what those are called and to buy some.

Mudderoy
09-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I just made sense of why I got a little rust around bottom frame of my xJ from the previous owner.
___What ever these are called , -are the plastic trim pieces that line the bottom of the frame between the front and back tires on both sides.. we're missing.
Other that probably a salvage yard I was trying to find what those are called and to buy some.

not tubs, wheel liners, I can't remember. Seems like most people take those off when they start trimming the fenders though.

TheRedBull
09-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Hmm good observation ...Looks like the douche i mean previous owner was in the middle of a project when he sold it to me. [ i didn't notice this] ..It's now rubbing me the wrong way that hopefully nothing is wrong engine wise. I do not have that kind of money. I do inventory for a job - get real lol.
Every vehicle owned, had an issue.
No wrecks, no abuses. ..but I have faith in my Jeep. Never owned a Chrystler/Dodge/Jeep before. My Nephew "Matt Cavin" on your facebook site has got me good faith with Jeep ;)

Mudderoy
09-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Hmm good observation ...Looks like the douche i mean previous owner was in the middle of a project when he sold it to me. [ i didn't notice this] ..It's now rubbing me the wrong way that hopefully nothing is wrong engine wise. I do not have that kind of money. I do inventory for a job - get real lol.
Every vehicle owned, had an issue.
No wrecks, no abuses. ..but I have faith in my Jeep. Never owned a Chrystler/Dodge/Jeep before. My Nephew "Matt Cavin" on your facebook site has got me good faith with Jeep ;)

I've been real impressed with mine. We bought her new and 12 years later she'll still do over 100 mph.

4.3LXJ
09-29-2010, 01:05 AM
You can always block that gap with pool noodles if you want.

Mudderoy
09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
You can always block that gap with pool noodles if you want.

I forgot about the pool noodles. rguignard uses those.

ice_cold
09-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Those pool noodles keep popping up a a fix...lol

prerunner1982
09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I need to do the pool noodle fix on the driver's side as well..

Thomass
10-08-2010, 10:38 AM
you mean the molding parts???

#7 5500 3370 2x PLATE, Scuff
#8 5500 3372 2x PLATE, Scuff

here you have part numbers and name

TheRedBull
10-11-2010, 03:30 AM
pool noodles my ***.
I'm stoopid at mechanics but not that stupid.
that was supposed to be some joke?

OrangeXJ
10-11-2010, 09:21 AM
pool noodles my ***.
I'm stoopid at mechanics but not that stupid.
that was supposed to be some joke?

No joke look at the Rene intervue vid it shows them

4.3LXJ
10-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Yup, pool noodles. It is a Jeep thing.

TheRedBull
10-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Welp, I have talked the pool noodle thing over with a few fellow mates and they've never heard of it neither. So Maybe someone could post some pictures and how it protects or serves any purpose.