PDA

View Full Version : Steal-Proof subs

TheRedBull
09-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Psst. - I've got my eye on some fairly good 800w MTX subs for my rig but, previously my other subs/amp got stole in the new neighborhood and I learned my lesson - not steal-proofing my schit and turn down way before I reach the block.
So anyroad, I need some effective-heavy-duty preferably inexpensive-ways to steal-proof the subs. [3ft box i think]
Any ideas?? [bolt directly from underneath thru the sub box / or using L-brackets; etc; etc] if u can be details
very much appreciated.

p.s. I'll be putting the amp underneath the backseat [where the factory jack lays - to anyone who is familiar with that compartment , there is some good space in there]

Mudderoy
09-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Psst. - I've got my eye on some fairly good 800w MTX subs for my rig but, previously my other subs/amp got stole in the new neighborhood and I learned my lesson - not steal-proofing my schit and turn down way before I reach the block.
So anyroad, I need some effective-heavy-duty preferably inexpensive-ways to steal-proof the subs. [3ft box i think]
Any ideas?? [bolt directly from underneath thru the sub box / or using L-brackets; etc; etc] if u can be details
very much appreciated.

p.s. I'll be putting the amp underneath the backseat [where the factory jack lays - to anyone who is familiar with that compartment , there is some good space in there]

They are going to break your glass and mess it up trying to remove it. It won't be pretty. Quick disconnects (if they make them that large) and take it inside with you.

default83
09-28-2010, 06:45 AM
make a box that looks like a peice of crap, and then make sure the sub is not visible JUST the box, and you should be cool.

i did this in my wrangler and i run around with the top off w/two amps under the back seat and my sub and nothing (knock on wood) has ever been stolen.

its not pretty but it works.