PDA

View Full Version : Welcome sheila_the_xj!!!

4.3LXJ
09-25-2010, 03:56 PM
sheila_the_xj! Thank you for joining xjtalk

Tell us more about you, your Jeep, and what brought you here.

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Mudderoy
09-25-2010, 05:44 PM
sheila_the_xj! Thank you for joining xjtalk

Tell us more about you, your Jeep, and what brought you here.

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

:welcome:

4x4Dalton
09-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the site from Va.

Punisher
09-26-2010, 07:15 AM
A BIG :welcome: from Florida!!!
Glad you could join us...

BlueXJ
09-26-2010, 07:57 AM
As 4.3LXJ said tell us a bit about yourself.

XJ4IV
09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
.... I think we might wanna send these new folks a link to their welcome thread over half the welcomes NEVER are responded to by the newbie....
Welcome Sheila

Mudderoy
09-26-2010, 03:32 PM
.... I think we might wanna send these new folks a link to their welcome thread over half the welcomes NEVER are responded to by the newbie....
Welcome Sheila

If you'd like to do that, that's great, however their response isn't required. I think what you are thinking is they never see it.

XJ4IV
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
If you'd like to do that, that's great, however their response isn't required. I think what you are thinking is they never see it.

yes thats what I mean is there a way to add something to the confirmation email that tells them to check the welcome section for their introduction???

Mudderoy
09-26-2010, 10:22 PM
yes thats what I mean is there a way to add something to the confirmation email that tells them to check the welcome section for their introduction???

There is no software that has already been written to do that, that I know of. So you, or another moderator, can PM them the link.

4.3LXJ
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Muddy, is there a way to send a welcome if there is an email listed?

Mudderoy
09-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Muddy, is there a way to send a welcome if there is an email listed?

Well it's a computer and software so the overall correct answer is yes, however the software has to be written. Everything you see here is software that someone else has written and I have installed. So far I haven't seen any software that does what you are saying. Doesn't mean it doesn't exists. The other way is for me to write the software, which I can do but it is time consuming mainly due to the research time I have to put in to understand how the current software works.

I had to spend a day just getting the software that someone else wrote that puts the new post count in the nav bar and that still doesn't work right.

Besides some people don't like getting a bunch of e-mail. I've had one member request to have their account deleted due to the monthly e-mails we sent out.

4.3LXJ
09-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I was just wondering if there was some easy way of doing this. Getting members that just lurk and never post is a problem on all forums.

Mudderoy
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
I was just wondering if there was some easy way of doing this. Getting members that just lurk and never post is a problem on all forums.

Well we recently had a person start talking in chat and posting things. They said they were feeling more comfortable here. How we treat each other lets people know we're not like the rest of the forums.

4.3LXJ
09-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Agreed:thumbsup:

Jeepster19
09-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Welcome to XJ Talk!:)