PDA

View Full Version : Apple's Steve Job's e-mail

oderdene
09-23-2010, 04:00 AM
Long Island University journalism student Chelsea Kate Isaacs and an unfortunate email exchanges with Steve Jobs. It seems Isaacs had tried repeatedly to call Apple’s PR department to get a quote for a class project she was working on regarding the iPad’s use in the classroom. When she failed in that endeavor, she emailed Jobs directly.
Here’s her email:
“Mr. Jobs, I humbly ask why Apple is so wonderfully attentive to the needs of students, whether it be with the latest, greatest invention or the company’s helpful customer service line, and yet, ironically, the Media Relations Department fails to answer any of my questions which are, as I have repeatedly told them, essential to my academic performance.”
His answer:
“Our goals do not include helping you get a good grade. Sorry.”

full story: here (http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/career/?p=2398&tag=nl.e101)

Mudderoy
09-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Long Island University journalism student Chelsea Kate Isaacs and an unfortunate email exchanges with Steve Jobs. It seems Isaacs had tried repeatedly to call Apple’s PR department to get a quote for a class project she was working on regarding the iPad’s use in the classroom. When she failed in that endeavor, she emailed Jobs directly.
Here’s her email:
“Mr. Jobs, I humbly ask why Apple is so wonderfully attentive to the needs of students, whether it be with the latest, greatest invention or the company’s helpful customer service line, and yet, ironically, the Media Relations Department fails to answer any of my questions which are, as I have repeatedly told them, essential to my academic performance.”
His answer:
“Our goals do not include helping you get a good grade. Sorry.”

full story: here (http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/career/?p=2398&tag=nl.e101)

Wrong! Even when the customer is wrong the customer is right.

4.3LXJ
09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately, our society breeds in people the attitude that everyone else should consider them as important as they consider themselves. Sorry, it doesn’t work that way. It would be nice if Jobs’ emails helped that young lady learn some much-needed life perspective but I’m afraid that she, and much of the media, has instead defined her as the victim.

Mudderoy
09-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately, our society breeds in people the attitude that everyone else should consider them as important as they consider themselves. Sorry, it doesn’t work that way. It would be nice if Jobs’ emails helped that young lady learn some much-needed life perspective but I’m afraid that she, and much of the media, has instead defined her as the victim.

Oh I agree that Jobs was well with in his right to say what he said, but wouldn't it have been wiser to A) Not respond! B) Not respond, but have someone from the PR department to call her.

I mean we are talking about 15 minutes here and you have a customer with a warm fuzzy that may net your company thousands of dollars as she goes around telling everyone how helpful and caring Apple was.

This is a marketing nightmare. It shows the arrogance of Apple's leadership and why a very nice product has such a small share of the market. I really don't dislike Apple stuff, I can't stand Steve Jobs. He's an a$$ and his arrogant reply to this lady just reinforces that to me.

I say NO THANK YOU to Apple products. I can wait 6 months to a year and then get the same thing from someone else.

4.3LXJ
09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
That is one way to look at it. Personally I am surprised he or the company responded at all. The request was out of line anyway. Anything he would have said in response to that question would have been blown out of proportion anyway, just as this response was.

Mudderoy
09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
That is one way to look at it. Personally I am surprised he or the company responded at all. The request was out of line anyway. Anything he would have said in response to that question would have been blown out of proportion anyway, just as this response was.

Exactly. I think it's pretty cool that he took the time to respond to her e-mail. Personally I would have looked at it as a positive that I got a response. :patriot: