PDA

View Full Version : Welcome AScobis!!!

4.3LXJ
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Welcome AScobis, Glad you have joined xjtalk!

How did you find us? Where are you from?

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

1ATony
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
welcome to the site.

AScobis
09-19-2010, 08:48 PM
1998 XJ Sport, 4.0L, NV231, AX4, C8.35 rear, D30 front. 131k miles on the odo. Some PO had added a budget lift with front spacers and rear shackles. No AAL present. Running stock 15" rims with boring inexpensive M+S tires. Another PO had added (and then removed) law enforcement radio equipment, so there are random bits of coax here and there, and a bunch of mysterious wiring under the hood. When I got it there was a KC Hilites decal on the window, but there's no trace left of what lights might have been mounted.

Got death wobble shortly after buying, but tire balance and rotation took care of it. Last month DW came back. Had the tires b & r again, and had DW on the way home. Learned from the web and started fixing things. Lubed the tie rod ends and upper ball joints, replaced the swaybar links and swaybar bushings.

Guy I bought it from said the greasable shackles were already frozen when he got it. After plenty of PB and a 4' cheater the right side cooperated. Cleaned, de-rusted, painted and re-zerked that shackle. The poly bushing was still in good shape. Left side shackle-to-frame bolt finally came out, too. The spring bushing bolt is rusted in.

Because this is a Cherokee, the electrics are wonky too. Disassembled and cleaned the rear washer switch successfully. Disassembled and cleaned the driver door swich module, but have to take it all apart again because one switch is sticking.

Can't afford the quick oil change places anymore, so I used various forums to learn how to do the diffs. My, how easy that is! :) Fill plug on the transfer case is rustwelded solidly. Tried everything but an easy-out. Drilled and tapped with the biggest tap I own, and filled the tc with a siphon hose through the new 3/8" hole. Haven't tackled the transmission filter and refill yet.

4.3LXJ
09-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Sounds like you are learning. That is what happens when you own a Jeep. If yo need help with anything don't hesitate to ask

cantab27
09-19-2010, 09:58 PM
hi mate , welcome to the site ...sounds like ya been busy ...ya have come to the right place for jeep info ...dont forget the pics ......cheers

Punisher
09-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Glad you joined us at xjtalk
If you have any photos of you rig please post them
We LOVE photos here!!
:patriot: