PDA

View Full Version : do you help out friends out?

rguignard
09-11-2010, 08:12 AM
ok theres something here http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?p=49014#post49014 about this and this is what i think about this

i would do it for anyone that i know and like :smiley-laughing021: i allways feel that karma goes a long way :thumbsup: the would just isnt nice anymore thanks to all the damn lawyers :thumbdown: its kind of funny i wont stop to help anyone thats broke down on the side of the road except for old people not men or woman that are under 50 you just never know what might happen or what they might say you did. muddy glade to here you up and running but yes i would have come and helped out so if you ever need it just let me know

BlueXJ
09-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for assisting Tony. Yes I help out friends too but am leery of strangers who need assistance.

Indiana Jeep
09-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Same here unfortunately there are just too many people that try to set up situations where they need help to hurt or rob other. If I see someone broke down I try to help if they don't look like a threat but these days who can really tell. I have been very fortunate that the times I've stopped to help strangers, it was always someone that actually needed help. I am a lot more leery around the holidays though. Around here it seems every year there are more news reports of someone asking for help in a store parking lot and then pulling out a gun and robbing the people going to their cars. I have been very blessed in the fact that it's never happened to me or my family.

cantab27
09-11-2010, 02:59 PM
we got a lot of friends helping friends at mo , strangers helping strangers......i stop and help strangers ,could not drive past a elderly person broken down ,,,,have stopped and change flats for women , not all have been hot lol......i do like driving past broken down boy ricers but ...

LizardRunner
02-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I stop to help those who need it. I've traveled to pick friends up, tow or trailer their vehicle back or fix it on the side of the road. It's just what your supposed to do. It is sad that mankind has taken to traveling on paths that lead to not being able to trust. I don't pick up hitch hikers ever since one pulled a knife on me.