PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount issues

4x4Dalton
09-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I was looking over the XJ today to see I could find a small water leak. Well was looking down in engine and noticed a bolt sticking about 3 inchs out,got to looking closer and realized it was the right side motor mount bolt. Even closer looking showed me that the ppl I bought the Jeep from had rigged the mount to look like it was attached to the engine. Well guess what,it aint. Has one blot broke off in motor(oh joy) one bolt hole is cracked on one side so no bolt will go there and I have 1 bolt hole that can take a bolt. I am wanting to make sure that 1 bolt will do until I am able to hopefully tap and remove the broken bolt and put new one there. Sorry for the long read but when I saw that it really made me mad as a 1 legged man in a butt whoopin contest :mad0090:Just cant believe this .shit:

cantab27
09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
mate if they have done that shit might pay to go over the whole jeep ..., i broke the 3 bolts on my engine mounts with the bolts sheared off in block .... jeeps don't like air apparently....... easy fix but .....