PDA

View Full Version : Dave_Bax has joined!

BlueXJ
08-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Welcome Dave_Bax, Glad you have joined xjtalk!

How did you find us? Where are you from?

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Dave_Bax
08-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi all,

I found this forum following links from other sites specifically JeepXJ.com.

I am from Hampshire UK and am looking to buy an XJ for pure off road, I currently have a 2001 4.7 WJ as a DD :driving:.

My preference will be for a 4.0l pre-facelift model and I will be lifting it, not sure by how much just yet, probably around 3-4" to get some 32" tyres on (Khumo K71's are popular over here in blighty), off road will be mainly trails (not many left) and lots of mud at 4x4 off road centres.

I will be seeking advice and checking out what you guys have already learnt from modding your Jeeps.

So Hi

Dave

Mudderoy
08-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi all,

I found this forum following links from other sites specifically JeepXJ.com.

I am from Hampshire UK and am looking to buy an XJ for pure off road, I currently have a 2001 4.7 WJ as a DD :driving:.

My preference will be for a 4.0l pre-facelift model and I will be lifting it, not sure by how much just yet, probably around 3-4" to get some 32" tyres on (Khumo K71's are popular over here in blighty), off road will be mainly trails (not many left) and lots of mud at 4x4 off road centres.

I will be seeking advice and checking out what you guys have already learnt from modding your Jeeps.

So Hi

Dave

We look forward to it Dave, and we hope you will share some pictures and your experiences with us along the way.

:welcome:

4.3LXJ
08-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Dave, glad yo joined. Sounds like fun in your future. The Jeep bug has bitten you it looks like. If I could offer a word of advice in your search, check the model of rear differential. I don't know which ones were used in the UK, but in the States, 97 and up had the Chrysler differential with the heavy axles suitable for 32" tires and lockers. Lockers are real handy in mud and indispensable in a good off road rig and considered part of a good build up.

Dave_Bax
08-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Cheers guys.

I have just purchased the Jeep Cherokee XJ builders guide by Eric Zappe, which is a great read and he mentions the chrysler axles in there too. It will be a matter of priorities as I will be on a tight budget as this is a toy at the end of the day, I need to sell my Suzuki DR350 first as well.