PDA

View Full Version : Swapping axles/upgrading

pingpong
08-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Well my last trip is the second time I broke d30 alloys... so no more:thumbdown: I am going to swap in some axles I have had, just never had the desire to build till now.

The plans entails alloys front and rear:D here are the details

HPD44 kept full width. The axle I am using is a 73 drum brake 44, so to correct this I am going to use GM 10 bolt outers. It will have 5.13's alloy shafts with 300M joints, drive pucks. It will also have a custom truss, and if time money allows a PSc 8" hyd assist ram

The rear is a 9" off the same ford. It wil get a detriot custom alloys with the 6x5.5 bolt pattern, pinion guard, truss and disc brakes. Plan is to have all this done in 4-5 weeks:eek:

I am ordering all the parts tomorow

4.3LXJ
08-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey Ping. You sure are good at setting deadlines. When I do this stuff I am leaving most of the winter open.

pingpong
08-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Hey Ping. You sure are good at setting deadlines. When I do this stuff I am leaving most of the winter open.
I have 2 events in sept I want to go to.. and 2 in Oct thats why I set a tight deadline.

I know realisticly... I should be done end of Sept... but I can hope and try.

pingpong
08-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Well I just dropped the hammer on my parts. :shocker::driving::driving: I changed one thing though.. looks like I wil be running 33 spline front shafts and either an ARB, or a Detriot depending on what the price come back at. I also order the stage 8 locking nuts for it.:rotfl2: This is going to be a fun/quick build up.

rguignard
08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
:worthlesspics:

pingpong
08-24-2010, 04:14 AM
Well after debating with myself I ended up going with 30 spline front stuff I almost built the ultimate d44 though. I learned that you can buy 35 spline stuff for the front axle. Only catch is you have to run Dedenbar C's and Knuckles.. which would have added at least 700 to my parts bill plus the cost of assembling them.. just too much coin for me.

Anyway got the front and rear axle blown apart last night. Main reason for this was to verify rear shaft length as I am having a set of custom 6 lug shafts made.

I should have allmy parts the first part of next week