PDA

View Full Version : Stock Flare Mounting Brackets

cjxjclassic
08-16-2010, 09:21 PM
I broke the bolts on my old ones and my friend threw them away. I knew I could have fixed them, but by that time it was too late.
So the question is, where the heck can I find these things? I've visited every JY around my area and they either want to sell me the whole fender or they don't have them. :thumbdown:

If I cannot buy them for a decent price, I will make my own custom brackets to put the flares back on.

Thanks,
C.J.

cjxjclassic
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Hello! Anybody there?????

Mudderoy
08-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello! Anybody there?????

Have you tried calling pick-n-part to see if they have any cherokees, or what ever vehicle you got those from?

cjxjclassic
08-18-2010, 02:07 AM
All the Junk Yards down here by Missouri City have either no XJ's or they want me to but the whole fender panel with the flare and bracket on there. The guy won't separate the parts off it.

XJ Rat
08-20-2010, 06:22 AM
CJ;
Have you ever gone to this junkyard? Everytime I have been there they have had a few pre 96 and a few post 97 XJ's.

http://www.lkqselfserve.com/FindaLocation/LKQTexasUsedAutoParts/LKQHoustonPickAPartNorthville/tabid/184/Default.aspx

rguignard
08-20-2010, 09:25 AM
hey CJ i just used bolts and nuts on mine with some washers :thumbsup:

cjxjclassic
08-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey thanks Glenn! I'll check them out.
Rene, my buddy threw the mounts away a long time ago. If I still had them I would have done that! But thanks!!