PDA

View Full Version : Welcome XJ-nick!!!

rguignard
08-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Glad you joined our group XJ-nick!

Are you an old Jeeper, or new to the hobby? What brings you to our site? Do you have an off road monster, a daily driver, or something in between?

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

XJ-nick
08-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Hello everyone,
sorry it took me so long to introduce myself!
My name is Nick. I'm not so new to the 4 wheelin world, but this is my first XJ and I'm in love with her already! I recently picked up a 4 door 97 sport. It had been in a front end collision around the end of last year and has no bumper. The factory electric fan had an issue, and recently seized up on me. No worries though, i replaced it today and she stays cool as a new one. Blue, not for long though. And believe me, I've got tons of mods that will be showing up here. Well, thanks for letting me join!
Take care!

cantab27
08-24-2010, 12:11 AM
hi nick ,welcome to the site ...what plans have you got for your xj .......pics are cool too

oderdene
08-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Good choice and good XJ. Hope you find something useful for you from the xjtalk. Welcome friend.

4.3LXJ
08-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone,
sorry it took me so long to introduce myself!
My name is Nick. I'm not so new to the 4 wheelin world, but this is my first XJ and I'm in love with her already! I recently picked up a 4 door 97 sport. It had been in a front end collision around the end of last year and has no bumper. The factory electric fan had an issue, and recently seized up on me. No worries though, i replaced it today and she stays cool as a new one. Blue, not for long though. And believe me, I've got tons of mods that will be showing up here. Well, thanks for letting me join!
Take care!

Sounds like fun Nick, keep us posted so we can have fun with ya.

XJ-nick
07-07-2011, 06:38 AM
hi nick ,welcome to the site ...what plans have you got for your xj .......pics are cool too

Re-introducing myself lol

I've got tons of plans and tons of work. I realize this is nearly a year later that I am responding, but I left for a deployment right after buying my XJ.

did get to wheel her one time at Uwharrie tho in NC.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n514/ndblack3893/heepflex.jpg

Before I left and right before the above photo I installed a 3" cheepo lift from RC that was spacer and AAL. Made the doors removable (COLD that day^) also chopped the fenders.

My Purchased list of parts that are sitting in my garage waiting on me to get home this weekend from a nice lil 6 month deployment:

It's been in the body shop for a few weeks getting the dents from the previous owner pulled, and I had it painted Gray!
35X12.50R15 Pro Comp MT's
5 Black Rock 15X8 steel wheels
AJ's Slickrok front Winch Bumper
4.56 gears front and rear
Aussie for the front
No-Slip for the rear
Advance Adapters SYE
Front Drive shaft
6.5" Rustys lift
Iron Rock Offroad Long Arm Upgrade Kit
ZJ disc brakes
Speedo Gear for recalibration
Extended Brake lines
Replacement interior door panel for driver front (Mine came busted)

That's all I have racked up this far, still working on purchasing tho. Still want an OTK steering upgrade. On board air. Triple fan system from FFDynamics. Cowl inducted air intake. Hood vents. Eventually a Dana 44/60 front and rear. Rock Sliders. Rear bumper. Roof Rack.

I will be starting my build thread next weekend once I have been home a few days and fixed up momma! ;)

Constructive Criticism is more than welcome!

bluedragon436
07-07-2011, 06:52 AM
:welcome: back to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!! Your build plan looks good...

XJ-nick
07-07-2011, 07:25 AM
:welcome: back to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!! Your build plan looks good...

THANK YOU! You are on Dover AFB? haha I have a funny story about that. We left MCAS Cherry Point in January to head overseas in a C-5. Crapped an engine out on take off. Landed in Dover, DE and stayed there for like 5 days. We were the Marine Unit that stayed out in town for nearly a week with nothing but our Cammies to wear. You may remember? Everytime we thought we were leaving, we wound up staying, especially when our crew chief fell off the C-5 and broke his leg/ankle or w/e it was. Anyways, so my first and only impression of Dover is that people get really scared when Marines walk around in their utilities uniform, because they all know we are not suppose to. HAHA anyways. my .02 story! Thanks ago bro!