PDA

View Full Version : Getting started

TheRedBull
08-04-2010, 03:57 AM
I'm new to the site, and a noob to mechanics. Fast learner and willing to learn. I'm looking for small tricks & tips to add or remove parts and get my jeep capable for both everyday driving and trailing soon. ..Anything from DIY fuel injectors & adapters[which may help on gas] to custom sub boxes for the trunk. I need ideas, tips, parts & prices; etc

Thanks you all!
:patriot:

Mudderoy
08-04-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm new to the site, and a noob to mechanics. Fast learner and willing to learn. I'm looking for small tricks & tips to add or remove parts and get my jeep capable for both everyday driving and trailing soon. ..Anything from DIY fuel injectors & adapters[which may help on gas] to custom sub boxes for the trunk. I need ideas, tips, parts & prices; etc

Thanks you all!
:patriot:

You gave lots of great detail on your Jeep, this is a great start. Knowing what you have. Nothing comes to mind that you can do to improve the performance of your Jeep without some basic tools. You might want to start there. What do you have? If nothing we can recommend some stuff.

You'll need a 3/8" ratchet and both metric and standard sockets. Same in fixed wrenches.

4.3LXJ
08-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Can you weld or fabricate?

TheRedBull
08-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks. And I have nothing yet. Just borrowed tools.
I'll more than definitely look into the tools, as i would need em.
Not a welder and never attempted fabrication.

4.3LXJ
08-04-2010, 04:22 PM
OK, just wanted to know what to recommend. Fabricators have more options here. You might want to look into POR 15. They make some good products designed for restoration. Just google them.