PDA

View Full Version : Lift kits?

AMIGO XJ
07-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Looking to buy a 3 inch lift kit.
Rustys Offroad or Rough Country?
Any suggestions/recommandations are greatly appretiated!!!

rguignard
07-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Looking to buy a 3 inch lift kit.
Rustys Offroad or Rough Country?
Any suggestions/recommandations are greatly appretiated!!!

im running a rough country 3.5 lift and its a great kit BUT go bigger than you think you want :smiley-laughing021: im now wanting to go up to 33's and im going to have to cut lots of fender or go to a bigger lift but it does felx like crazy this is the kit i got http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_3x.html good luck :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
07-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I recommend the Rough Country 4.5" with replacement leaves. AAL is fine if you plan on going to full leave packs later.

I don't have any experience with any other lift. :patriot:

xj4life2
07-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I recommend the Rough Country 4.5" with replacement leaves. AAL is fine if you plan on going to full leave packs later.

I don't have any experience with any other lift. :patriot:

I make my living selling 4wd parts and access. and I agree with Muddy 100% get the 4.5 Rough Country absolutly the best value for the money and a real nice lift (you not substituting quality for price) I have sold literally hunreds and as of yet had a complaint or a broken part on one. To be clear let me say that the other brands out there are good and have there place in the industry but right now value for the dollar goes to Rough Country

pingpong
07-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I have run everything from Rusty's (springs are rea soft, and cutomer service sucks) to Rubicon express (fine high dollar product) to Rough Country. My only gripe with RC is their coils are a bit stiff.

SInce it seems you are on a budget go with the RC setup.

I am currnetly running RC 4.5 coils, With my RK 3 link. The 3 link makes up for the stiffness of the coils. My rig is more setup for downtravel then it is up travel

bigjim350
07-30-2010, 10:41 PM
As Rene said get a lift thats as big as you will ever want to go. I run into a lot of people had got a 3" lift, which was fun for a while , but sooner or later wanted to go bigger. I thought I wanter a 4.5" lift so bought the RC 6.5" kit and i love it. It came with everything including swaybar disconnects.

pingpong
07-31-2010, 06:17 AM
MY .02 cents is, is buy a long arm system. You will not be disappointed. The ride and flex over a short arm system is amazing. The big difference is the ride, if you DD your rig talk to some ppl who really use their rig for that purpose, and ride with them. SOme ppl will swear that their short arm system ride fine.. but I have to pull out the BS card on that. I have run them, and they will beat you to death.

Mudderoy
08-02-2010, 04:25 AM
MY .02 cents is, is buy a long arm system. You will not be disappointed. The ride and flex over a short arm system is amazing. The big difference is the ride, if you DD your rig talk to some ppl who really use their rig for that purpose, and ride with them. SOme ppl will swear that their short arm system ride fine.. but I have to pull out the BS card on that. I have run them, and they will beat you to death.

I have nothing to compare it to but the ride in mine is fine. Of course I'm at 4.5" and I have added weight fore and aft. My future plans include long arms though, but the ride isn't my primary reason.