PDA

View Full Version : Question on a dual exhaust for my 95 XJ.

Beat Crusader
07-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi guys!

I and friend of mine were talking about some modifications that I could do to my Jeep & he mentioned doing a dual exhaust system for her. What I wanted to know is if anyone has any suggestions as to how I should go about this. My brother mentioned that I should look into Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Dynomax & Walker for possible dual catalytic converters or dual mufflers. I would like to have a dual muffler setup but really don't know which way to go as well as the possible cost. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some helpful advice?:stars:

Thanks,

Rick

pingpong
07-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Can I ask why you want this? The reason I say this is it is really tight to run duals under the xj. Mostly due to the placement of the gas tank.

CT99XJ
07-29-2010, 11:44 PM
It's tight to run a dually system. It would only be dual pipes, not mufflers, as the XJ is an inline engine.

pingpong
07-30-2010, 12:12 PM
to me the expense isnt worth it... A good free flowing exhaust is the way to go. Personally I run 2 1/4 pipe.. and glass packs. Mufflers are big and bulky and easily damaged. You can tuck the pipes and glass packs up tight.

4.3LXJ
07-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Personally, I wouldn't do this. You have to run a single pipe off your engine due to the way the electronics work. Secondly, it is really tight going over the axle on the driver side due to the position of the rear shock. But if you really want to and have your heart set on it, there are mufflers made for this purpose that have a single inlet and dual outlet. Check Summit Racing 1 800 230 3030

Beat Crusader
07-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys for all your feed back & advice. A friend of mine who is a mechanic at my job actually said the same thing. What I'm most likely will be doing rather than a duel exhaust system is what Ping Pong suggested. Is their any particular brand as well as vendor that you guys can suggest.

Rick

pingpong
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
I just bought a generic Napa glass pack... I got employee price on it and it was 15 bucks... :driving: SO I was stoked when I got 2' of tubing and a glass pack for 20 bucks