PDA

View Full Version : Welcome TerryM!!!

rguignard
07-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Welcome TerryM, Glad you have joined xjtalk!

How did you find us? Where are you from?

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

TerryM
07-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks. I found the site by clicking a link that was in another forum that had been linked to in another. I don't even know how many links. I suspected that I'm having a Crank Position Sensor failure and have been running through various Cherokee links (boosting my confidence) looking for a way to test it before laying out that 100 bucks.
I'm from Ontario NY. It's a nice rural/suburban/small town, all in one kind of area. Seems I have the information and maybe I'll hang around for awhile. Glad to be aboard.

Mudderoy
07-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks. I found the site by clicking a link that was in another forum that had been linked to in another. I don't even know how many links. I suspected that I'm having a Crank Position Sensor failure and have been running through various Cherokee links (boosting my confidence) looking for a way to test it before laying out that 100 bucks.
I'm from Ontario NY. It's a nice rural/suburban/small town, all in one kind of area. Seems I have the information and maybe I'll hang around for awhile. Glad to be aboard.

Welcome to the site!

Have a look at this :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3888&highlight=testing) for the steps to check your Crank Position Sensor. :patriot:

4.3LXJ
07-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Glad you found us Terry

TerryM
07-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the site!

Have a look at this :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3888&highlight=testing) for the steps to check your Crank Position Sensor. :patriot:
mudderoy -Good morning. Thanks for the welcome, and the link with the picture of the connector - very helpful. 1.)I'll be checking out that bad boy (Crank Position Sensor)later today.
2.)Will check for voltage at the fuel pump also because I have no pressure at the fuel rail pressure test port. I don't know if that's a common thing when the CPS is crapped or not. Again, I seem to have read that somewhere at some time : )

It's a 2000 multiport fuel injection 4.0. It was running fine. Just wouldn't start one morning. A momentary kick and it was gone. With the key on, at the odometer I have "no buss" showing and I seem to have read somewhere that that is a factor pointing to the CPS (among other even more expensive things of course). Anyway it's one step at a time. Thanks much for that connector picture and the info. Just what I needed.

Mudderoy
07-30-2010, 08:49 AM
mudderoy -Good morning. Thanks for the welcome, and the link with the picture of the connector - very helpful. 1.)I'll be checking out that bad boy (Crank Position Sensor)later today.
2.)Will check for voltage at the fuel pump also because I have no pressure at the fuel rail pressure test port. I don't know if that's a common thing when the CPS is crapped or not. Again, I seem to have read that somewhere at some time : )

It's a 2000 multiport fuel injection 4.0. It was running fine. Just wouldn't start one morning. A momentary kick and it was gone. With the key on, at the odometer I have "no buss" showing and I seem to have read somewhere that that is a factor pointing to the CPS (among other even more expensive things of course). Anyway it's one step at a time. Thanks much for that connector picture and the info. Just what I needed.

Hmmm I don't think the "NO BUSS" is related to a CPS issue.

drakan1908
07-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Welcome to XJ Talk

TerryM
07-31-2010, 05:16 AM
Hmmm I don't think the "NO BUSS" is related to a CPS issue.

New CPS installed. Started up fine. All is well now. Somewhere I was reading that the "no buss" actually was a symptom pointing to the CPS. Sorry I can't remember the link. I had done a web search of "no bus" at the very beginning and found something about it in a Mopar forum. Thanks for the interest.

2000 Cherokee Sport 4.0
Symptoms were:
Truck running fine when parked in the driveway.
No start next morning.
no buss shown after a few seconds in the odometer.
No fuel gauge reading
No spark at all and no fuel pressure unless cranking.
Removed the crank position sensor and replaced it with a new one. I didn't have access at the time to ohm/volt meter so testing wasn't possible. I took a shot.
Fuel gauge worked. (a good sign that the CPS was the problem)
Engine started right up. Service engine light was on now but only for a few miles.
Thanks again everyone for the interest and the help. Looks like I'll make the grandson's graduation party after all!

Mudderoy
08-02-2010, 04:28 AM
New CPS installed. Started up fine. All is well now. Somewhere I was reading that the "no buss" actually was a symptom pointing to the CPS. Sorry I can't remember the link. I had done a web search of "no bus" at the very beginning and found something about it in a Mopar forum. Thanks for the interest.

2000 Cherokee Sport 4.0
Symptoms were:
Truck running fine when parked in the driveway.
No start next morning.
no buss shown after a few seconds in the odometer.
No fuel gauge reading
No spark at all and no fuel pressure unless cranking.
Removed the crank position sensor and replaced it with a new one. I didn't have access at the time to ohm/volt meter so testing wasn't possible. I took a shot.
Fuel gauge worked. (a good sign that the CPS was the problem)
Engine started right up. Service engine light was on now but only for a few miles.
Thanks again everyone for the interest and the help. Looks like I'll make the grandson's graduation party after all!

Really? Well I thought I had read that NO BUSS was an indication of a problem with the panel's connection with the ECU. Hell what ever worked though. Did you test the CPS prior to replacing. Just curious has the testing procedure worked out.