PDA

View Full Version : xjTalk has a new member - Big Tuna!

BlueXJ
07-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi Big Tuna, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We\'d love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Big Tuna
07-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Hey guys, my name is Tommy. I just bought my first XJ last week and was turned on to this site by Mark at Payless 4 Wheel Drive, which is also where I work. I pulled the engine 2 days after i bought it to replace the cam and lifters because of a ticking noise. My bussy also has an XJ and I look froward to great wheelin' trips with the help of this site! Thanks for all the help in advance!

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t157/tompon58/IMG00067-20100721-1949.jpg

cantab27
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
hey tommy , welcome to the site ...nice xj

1ATony
07-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the site Tommy,cool Jeep.

xj4life2
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
So you finally stepped up and logged in, welcome to the wonderful world of the XJ.So you should tell everybody more about the jeep and what you actually paid for it. ( he stole it ) I do him lots of credit he's 19 and is completely going through the motor on his own (his "bussy" is helping). ok its newby bashing time !! Just kidding. Get er tommy so we can go break it !!!!

Big Tuna
07-30-2010, 12:19 AM
haha thanks Mark. Well I "stole" it for $700 with the mindset that I was gunna be rebuilding the bottom end. I pulled the valve cover off and noticed the rocker arm on the exhaust valve on cylinder 2 was loose so I suspected a collapsed lifter. Pulled the head and that lifter. The bottom of it was all tore up so I opted to pull the whole engine to replace the cam and some other things. I can't wait to get paid so I can finally buy the parts and put it back together! And yes, my "bussy" (buddy) is helping me on it. He has a '95 XJ and i'm in the process of getting him on the site too!

drakan1908
07-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Welcome to XJ Talk

xj4life2
07-30-2010, 11:43 AM
haha thanks Mark. Well I "stole" it for $700 with the mindset that I was gunna be rebuilding the bottom end. I pulled the valve cover off and noticed the rocker arm on the exhaust valve on cylinder 2 was loose so I suspected a collapsed lifter. Pulled the head and that lifter. The bottom of it was all tore up so I opted to pull the whole engine to replace the cam and some other things. I can't wait to get paid so I can finally buy the parts and put it back together! And yes, my "bussy" (buddy) is helping me on it. He has a '95 XJ and i'm in the process of getting him on the site too!

to add to his post its a 91 with a rubicon 5.5" lift on 33's and a SYE already there when he bought it. Not bad !!!

Mudderoy
07-30-2010, 11:47 AM
to add to his post its a 91 with a rubicon 5.5" lift on 33's and a SYE already there when he bought it. Not bad !!!

Damn good deal even if it had been on fire at the time! :D

Big Tuna
07-31-2010, 01:03 AM
I've heard only good things about XJ's so i'm very excited to get the engine back in. I pulled the cam today. VERY glad I did because that lobe is almost completely rounded. My next purchase after I fix it will be a trail guide so I can try to see if I can get myself lost way back in the woods. I bet Mark wouldn't mind if I got lost :P

Melissa
08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Hello and Welcome!!