PDA

View Full Version : Under hood wiring

Punisher
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Ok, I'm looking for a company that can replace your old wiring with some new ones. I've read it in some jeep mags and I think i threw it away and didnt get the infor from it. My wiring to all the under hood stuff like the injectors,ecm,distributor,starter, and ect. has some damage to them and I like to know where or who can replace them?
I want to say that painless wire is the company from what i read but just want to make sure. thanks for any input.

4.3LXJ
07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Here is their site:

http://www.painlessperformance.com/

I think you will find that they specialize in engine conversions. I really don't know of anyone that would have a stock wiring harness. You will probably end up getting the part of your harness you need at the pick and pull and then splicing it in.

Punisher
07-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Here is their site:

http://www.painlessperformance.com/

I think you will find that they specialize in engine conversions. I really don't know of anyone that would have a stock wiring harness. You will probably end up getting the part of your harness you need at the pick and pull and then splicing it in.

Kool thanks, I contacted them and they say they can do it but it wont work on the fuel injector but might have to use the old ones. I'll be getting more infor from them soon and the price they will charge..:thumbsup:

xj4life2
07-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Painless is a great company e use them alot but we also use Centec , here's thier site
http://www.centechwire.com/ give them a shot before you make any decisions. Also Steve was right in his suggestion about useing a junkyard harness its probably will be your best and least expensive route. Good luck

Punisher
07-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Painless is a great company e use them alot but we also use Centec , here's thier site
http://www.centechwire.com/ give them a shot before you make any decisions. Also Steve was right in his suggestion about useing a junkyard harness its probably will be your best and least expensive route. Good luck

Kool, I'll cheack that our as well. I was looking into the junk yard but the problem is they cut the wires when they pull the motor and if its a "u pull it" you have poeple going in there and ripping them up to shit. and the other problem is I need to find a '91 or '92 cuz those years uses the same conectors for the TPS and a few other things so i like to try to keep it all 91 parts so I dont get no mixed up if I have to do any repairs in the future.
Also I was going through some of my old mags in the shed and came across an article that talked about a project they were working on and it was the part 2 of it and they sent their harness to " hotwireauto.com " so i send them an email to see what they could do for me. I'll let ya'll know what I hear but if anyone has anymore ideas keep them coming I like option.

Another thing I was thinking is maybe doing the rewires myself has anyone done that?

default83
07-28-2010, 08:00 AM
how bad are the wires? might be cheaper and easier to go in and just fix whats broken with some black tape and a couple of crimps.

its a PITA to rewire the whole thing, but if its just a couple of small problem spots, id fix whats broken and not mess w/buying anything.

Punisher
07-28-2010, 08:12 AM
how bad are the wires? might be cheaper and easier to go in and just fix whats broken with some black tape and a couple of crimps.

its a PITA to rewire the whole thing, but if its just a couple of small problem spots, id fix whats broken and not mess w/buying anything.

I beleive in that too "whats not broken leave it"
But before when I got the jeep from my brother inlaw it sat in the driveway for 2 years the rats seem to ate up some of the wires and I replaced the ones I can see damage but there are some that are really brittle and just falling apart and some are missing to the A/C compressor so I figured it would be best just to repalce all the wires so I dont have any trouble for a long while..

Punisher
07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Well I got contacted back with the painless and centechwire and neither of them repair the hardness.... Well, looks like I'm going to have to do it myself...
this is going to be fun :headshake:

Thomass
07-30-2010, 03:01 AM
.... Well, looks like I'm going to have to do it myself...
this is going to be fun :headshake:

Doing it your self is not so bad, The last two weeks i did the (re)wiring of my girlfriends rig. I did replaced wire by wire, and found out that there is a difference between an XJ and an XJ :crazy:
It took me two weeks for rewiring (daily 2 hours), and finding alternatives, for the in-line fuses. and finding water tight connectors
But it is finished, and she's happy, and it was worth it....