PDA

View Full Version : Engine Ice

OrangeXJ
07-24-2010, 11:59 AM
This morning I drained and flushed my cooling system to try Engine Ice to see if it would lower the engine temp. Well the jury is still out. After filling it up and driving around for awhile the temp was just under 210 where it normally runs. Then I idled in the drive way for about 10 minutes and it went to 210 normally it would be just a little above 210. Although the last time I was at Creekside when I idled the temp would go to half way between the 210 mark and the next mark. Just for giggles I got my Ray Tech heat gun and shot the thermostat housing and it was 198 I then shot the back of the block and it too was 198. So it looks like my temp gauge is off about 12 degrees. I'll post up later today how it does during the heat of the day while I do my normal Saturday running around.

OrangeXJ
07-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Well just got back from running around. It did not help still running 210. Checked the thermostat housing with the temp gun and it was the same 210.
I guess I'm going to have to live with. Engine Ice dropped the temp in our race bikes about 15-20 degrees I guess it don't like XJ's:sad0147:

4x4Dalton
07-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for lettin us know man.

4.3LXJ
07-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I have run water wetter. My experience, as well as my sons has been that it helps keep it cooler, but does not increase the capacity of the whole system. In other words it will run cooler in a system that would keep it cool anyway. But once you exceed that capacity, it gets hot just the same.

pingpong
07-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Again I say.. nothing in a bottle is going to change the way your rig will run. What I mean by this is... if ylour rig runs at a ceratin temp or idles a certain way.. putting "miracle fix" in it will do nothing unless you change mechanicals:smiley-gen165:

Mudderoy
07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Again I say.. nothing in a bottle is going to change the way your rig will run. What I mean by this is... if ylour rig runs at a ceratin temp or idles a certain way.. putting "miracle fix" in it will do nothing unless you change mechanicals:smiley-gen165:

Don't forget he has personal prior experience that it does make a difference. Not in a Jeep 4.0L. I think this was the reason why he was willing to spend over $100 to try it. Many thanks to him for letting us know the results.

OrangeXJ
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason I did not get the results I was hoping for was I did not get the system completely drained. I could only get 6 quarts in a system that holds 12. The Engine Ice is not to be mixed with anything that's probably why it did not work as I hoped it would.

Mudderoy
07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason I did not get the results I was hoping for was I did not get the system completely drained. I could only get 6 quarts in a system that holds 12. The Engine Ice is not to be mixed with anything that's probably why it did not work as I hoped it would.

I guess you'd have to remove the water pump to get most of the coolant out.