PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Gear (ECTED LOCKER)

OrangeXJ
07-22-2010, 02:44 PM
For those that don't know I bought an ECTED LOCKER from Audio222. He never installed it. It was in the original box never opened. I found out that there are 2 different ones that will work in a Dana30 depending on what gear ratio you have. As luck would have it was not the one I needed. So I called Auburn Gear and told them my story. They told me to ship it back to them and if in fact it was not installed the would send me the one I need. I just got off the phone with them. I was told yes it had never been installed but they could not put it back on the shelf and re sell it because of a design change. Well my heart dropped thinking to ebay you go. I was then told that they will be shipping me the one I need free of charge tomorrow!!!!!!

Now how's that for customer service! I even told them up front I bought off the internet from a second party.

In today's business climate how many company's would do this? I highly recommend buying any of there products.

Mudderoy
07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
For those that don't know I bought an ECTED LOCKER from Audio222. He never installed it. It was in the original box never opened. I found out that there are 2 different ones that will work in a Dana30 depending on what gear ratio you have. As luck would have it was not the one I needed. So I called Auburn Gear and told them my story. They told me to ship it back to them and if in fact it was not installed the would send me the one I need. I just got off the phone with them. I was told yes it had never been installed but they could not put it back on the shelf and re sell it because of a design change. Well my heart dropped thinking to ebay you go. I was then told that they will be shipping me the one I need free of charge tomorrow!!!!!!

Now how's that for customer service! I even told them up front I bought off the internet from a second party.

In today's business climate how many company's would do this? I highly recommend buying any of there products.

That's excellent. I love hearing and sharing stories of great customer service. Thank you for posting this.

OrangeXJ
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
I think I'm going to buy some Lotto tickets to night. Stuff like this never happens to me.

Mudderoy
07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
I think I'm going to buy some Lotto tickets to night. Stuff like this never happens to me.

I get on the phone and talk and talk, so things like this usually happen to me. If the person I am talking to doesn't give me the answer I want I ask to talk to their boss. Always works, AT&T has been the only exception.

4.3LXJ
07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Always works, AT&T has been the only exception.

My son had trouble with AT&T. Then he told them I had preferred stock. He got what he wanted right now.

drakan1908
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I always use the "I work for UPS" and you would be amazed at the discounts and other things you can get. Verizon was giving me a bunch of crap the other day till the girl says "Oh I see you work for UPS, we'll get this taken care of for you Mr. Bennett" and the problem was solved. I hate UPS but things like this make it all worth it.

OrangeXJ
07-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Here's the deal I did not have to fuss with anyone. They just did it.

Mudderoy
07-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Here's the deal I did not have to fuss with anyone. They just did it.

That's what makes it special! :D

pingpong
07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
I think a lot of that has to do with te fact that the ECTED lockers never really caught on. They have some stiff competion with ARB and OX lockers. The price point is kinda high comapred to the other two.

And Yes it is always nice to hear of things like this. Advance Adapters is good for that kinda stuff too

Mudderoy
07-23-2010, 11:22 AM
I think a lot of that has to do with te fact that the ECTED lockers never really caught on. They have some stiff competion with ARB and OX lockers. The price point is kinda high comapred to the other two.

And Yes it is always nice to hear of things like this. Advance Adapters is good for that kinda stuff too

I like the idea of ECTED locker, but I don't like that they use clutch(s).

4.3LXJ
07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I like the idea of ECTED locker, but I don't like that they use clutch(s).

I kind of like that idea really. That way you are not completely open when not locked. But to each his own.

drakan1908
07-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I like the Eaton e-locker. When you don't need it , you don't know its there. Been thinking about one for the front.

OrangeXJ
07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I kind of like that idea really. That way you are not completely open when not locked. But to each his own.

The guy that owns the shop that's going to install it had one and and he liked it for this reason. The only thing he did not like about it some times it did not want to unlock with out driving down the road weaving back and forth for about 20 feet. Maybe the design change they told me about addressed this problem.

BTW the replacment locker cam yesterday. Going to get it installed next week and check it out on the 7th.

Mudderoy
07-30-2010, 11:18 AM
The guy that owns the shop that's going to install it had one and and he liked it for this reason. The only thing he did not like about it some times it did not want to unlock with out driving down the road weaving back and forth for about 20 feet. Maybe the design change they told me about addressed this problem.

BTW the replacment locker cam yesterday. Going to get it installed next week and check it out on the 7th.

Excellent. I was upset I missed you on the last run.

4.3LXJ
07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
The only thing he did not like about it some times it did not want to unlock with out driving down the road weaving back and forth for about 20 feet. Maybe the design change they told me about addressed this problem.

You might try staying still and just turning the steering wheel back and forth to disengage the front.

OrangeXJ
07-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Hopfully I won't have a problem but if I do I'll try that first.

BlueXJ
07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
I always use the "I work for UPS" and I hate UPS but things like this make it all worth it.

I also hate UPS since they deliver my items to the shop in front of my house instead of me and get signatures from the office girl which are obviously not mine.
They either lose my stuff or keep it and I have had 3 claims with UPS this year and it is only half over.

Sorry for the hijack!

OrangeXJ
07-31-2010, 01:30 PM
:thumbsup:

OrangeXJ
07-31-2010, 01:32 PM
20 more and I can pester the folks in chat :rotfl2:

Mudderoy
07-31-2010, 06:48 PM
20 more and I can pester the folks in chat :rotfl2:

19 more