PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with those pesky neighbor kids?

T- B0NE
07-16-2010, 08:53 AM
I keep finding foot prints on my jeeps and my wifes truck. My wifes truck also has a few dings and one major door ding. The parents have bumped more than one car on the street and recently told me that if I didn't like it I should move! I believe that after my complaint, my neighbor has encouraged his brats to mess with my vehicles! My TJ was even a little hesitant this morning.
Any suggestion? Purely hypothetical ofcourse.

T

XJ4IV
07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
LOL I just got an alarm last weekend and I never knew how many things touch my jeep when Im not looking..... get an alarm with a proximity sensor and set it REALLLLLLYYYYYY sensitive.... the noise from the alarm going off constantly should make them stop, if that doesnt work... resort to my favorite thing to do to people who mess with me, take their valve cap off and poke a TINY hole in it with a hot pin then remove their valve core and put the cap back on... Slow leak most people dont blame anybody but the tire!

reddragon72
07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
sleep in your jeep. Hide yourself in your jeep and take a nap and when the kids start to do stupid stuff catch em and beat them.

Or you can setup a camera running off of an external battery to record until it runs out of space.

Or call the cops make a report and then damage your jeep and call the cops again and have charges brought up. This is pure evil here :mad0090:

Or take pics every day of your vehicle and note all new tampered items and take them to court.

I could go on, but these are the most popular.

T- B0NE
07-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I really like the idea of a proximity alarm. Not the mod I wanted to do this weekend but might just as well!

xj4life2
07-16-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree first alarm it then keep the local police involved. If they get enough complaints they will put a stop to it just to shut you up. Unfortunitly what you have is a case of bad parents not bad kids. My last ideas would be to get the kids involved , tell them that if they knock it off you'll take them for a little off road fun. Offer to pay them a few bucks to wash it ect ect. Keep your friends close and your enimies closer.

Mudderoy
07-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I keep finding foot prints on my jeeps and my wifes truck. My wifes truck also has a few dings and one major door ding. The parents have bumped more than one car on the street and recently told me that if I didn't like it I should move! I believe that after my complaint, my neighbor has encouraged his brats to mess with my vehicles! My TJ was even a little hesitant this morning.

T

I am unsure of the laws where you live, but here is my suggestion.

Document your conversations with the parents. Then set up a video camera. Record the little brats activity. When you get something that looks like damage "could" have been caused, go put a dent in that area. Now take the evidence to the parents along with a estimate for repair of the damage.

This does two things. It tells the parents they shouldn't mess with your vehicle, they never know when it is being recorded. It also tells them that they need to teach their kids some manners or it will cost them legal fees plus repair to your vehicle.

This is all hypothetical of course. I would never advise anyone to do anything illegal. :popcorn:

drakan1908
07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I always found that a ski mask and a baseball bat works really well :stars:........... did i say that outloud?:D

Mudderoy
07-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Of course here in America you can invite the parent into your house, beat the hell out of them, then call the police and tell them you were attacked. If you are nice, you won't press charges on them. :D

T- B0NE
07-16-2010, 12:15 PM
I always found that a ski mask and a baseball bat works really well :stars:........... did i say that outloud?:D

Tempting!

T- B0NE
07-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Of course here in America you can invite the parent into your house, beat the hell out of them, then call the police and tell them you were attacked. If you are nice, you won't press charges on them. :D

These guy's are american. I think dad already has his suspicions that I may be that crazy!:thumbsup:

T- B0NE
07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm a pretty patient guy. It may suit me fine to wait till the night before I fly home to exact my revenge.

Mudderoy
07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm a pretty patient guy. It may suit me fine to wait till the night before I fly home to exact my revenge.

Just remember, "If the glove doesn't not fit, you must acquit!" :smiley-laughing021: :patriot:

OrangeXJ
07-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Crazy always works in my neighbor hood.

T- B0NE
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Crazy always works in my neighbor hood.

Too bad I can't clean my guns in the front yard! I'll save that for Texas!

T- B0NE
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Just remember, "If the glove doesn't not fit, you must acquit!" :smiley-laughing021: :patriot:

If the shoe prints match your offspring, the pain I will bring!

drakan1908
07-16-2010, 02:01 PM
If the shoe prints match your offspring, the pain I will bring!

:smiley-laughing021::patriot:

4x4Dalton
07-16-2010, 05:18 PM
You can always hide in the Jeep with a Cattle Prod.:smiley-laughing021: But also have the Security Camera set up, it would look cool on Youtube.:popcorn:

Indiana Jeep
07-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Several years ago had a family rent a house in my neighborhood. A few days after they moved in several peoples cars were broken into and things were stolen out of sheds etc. Police were called of course but no one apparently had any real evidence against them. Well one night the guy who lived a few houses down from me started yelling, cussing and beating the sides of his metal shed. This guy stands over 6' weighs well over 300 lbs with very little fat and looks like the typical crazy badass biker. He's a decent guy really, you just don't want to screw with him. Anyway, I went down to see what was going on and he just smiled and kept pounding on the sides of the shed walking around. Then I heard the crying and yelling from inside. The two teenage boys from the new family had snuck in to see what they could get. He saw them locked them in and scared the hell out of them. He then went to their parents and gave them a choice to get their kids or the cops would. They moved out a couple weeks later. And after that night not a single theft or breakin has happened, what a strange coincidence

Thomass
07-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Also here, in the neighborhood, we have this kind of kids and typical parents.
talking to those parents or kids, is like talking to an wall, The law however, likes to mediate, but this solution worked only for a short time.
They brake the antenna put graffiti, or just scratch the paint.
One day it became to much, i did take 4 of my trucks (company rigs) and parked them so very close to their cars and entrances (without braking the law) and left them there for more than a month. starting the engines every morning very early, and leave them running for a wile. They where not able to move there own cars, and woke up every morning with the sound of 4 diesel engines and there fumes. they where forced to take the public transport:driving:
after a wile they where ready to talk, and within the walls of my house i did explane to them that if the behavior repeats i will become worse.:D

It worked for me, and i even got paid for the damage already done. without braking any law

Jamie Lynn
07-18-2010, 06:31 PM

T

This is so cruel...but...I have dealt with children like this..unfortunately its not their faults that the parents didn't raise them right and spank them when they needed it...but...I have already gone out and picked up some road kill...brought the little guys over and explained to them that what I was cooking was the other little kids that I saw or found messing with my vehicle...surprisingly...they got the hint and not only stayed away..but minded themselves...I know that is so horrible to say but if the parents are too much of dumbasses to put the fear of god in them...well...guess that means its my turn then.

T- B0NE
07-19-2010, 03:03 PM
This is so cruel...but...I have dealt with children like this..unfortunately its not their faults that the parents didn't raise them right and spank them when they needed it...but...I have already gone out and picked up some road kill...brought the little guys over and explained to them that what I was cooking was the other little kids that I saw or found messing with my vehicle...surprisingly...they got the hint and not only stayed away..but minded themselves...I know that is so horrible to say but if the parents are too much of dumbasses to put the fear of god in them...well...guess that means its my turn then.

Yes I think crazy works! And it is much fun! I cant clean my guns in the front yard so I sharpen my axe, juggle my hammers, test my nail gun!
So far so good!

TheRedBull
11-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Here's something American.. cement boots in the river. heh. just kidding. couple rotweillers and kennels in the jeep. and if ur worried bout GTA, rig a hidden on/off switch to engage and disengage the fuel pump. That is my idea since I just experienced an attempt GTA a couple of days ago.

buckshot500
11-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Here is what you want to get a hold of!

Load up the hopper with pepper spray paintballs too!

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DRxBa5bQfTGc&rct=j&sa=X&ei=wI3kTOWPAYH68AbSnpShDQ&ved=0CB0QuAIwAA&q=Auto+targeting+painball+gun&usg=AFQjCNFwRmg4L-S7j0BBPPSEm_CJJxGVdQ&cad=rja

steph74
11-17-2010, 08:42 PM
I do clean my guns in the backyard just to make sure that the house is protected by this (I mean if they pass the dogs of course....)
I have called the cops several times because we have some wannabe gangbanger in the "hood"
I live in a district that is mainly latino and for some reason, the cops are taking our calls and complaints very seriously hahah
I yell at the kids all the time and do not slow down when I get in my driveway and they are gathering there.... I just honk... now they move when they see me ;)

I have one day opened the gate telling them to start running and called the dogs..... these kids can run fast ;)

Firemanray
11-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Here's a couple of items you could post around your place where they would be visible to the perps.

No trespassing sign::D
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/lifeafter-1.jpg

Evidence to back up the sign above:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/RangeTarget.jpg

ice_cold
11-17-2010, 09:26 PM
My preferred poster.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h425/ice-cold1959/private-property-if-you-can-read-this-you-are-within-range.jpg

Punisher
11-17-2010, 11:03 PM

Well in florida you dont have to bring them in the house you can beat them outside and say you were attack but make sure you have wittness :thumbsup:

steph74
11-18-2010, 11:00 AM
My preferred poster.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h425/ice-cold1959/private-property-if-you-can-read-this-you-are-within-range.jpg

I like this one too....

XJ Rat
11-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Start getting revenge on the parents + this will add suspicion between them.

1) Go to an adult bookstore and get a subscription card from a gay magazine. Fill it out with your neighbors name and his address. A few weeks later, guess what shows up at his house via the mail?

2) Contact the local water company and tell them you are going on vacation and want to have your water turned off for three weeks. Do this about Dec 20, tell them to shut it off on the 24th so your pipes do not freeze while you are gone. Do not use your phone to call or the water company will know who is calling.

3) Get a phone number off a for sale sign, call it and tell him he drives like an a$$**le. Do this a couple times. Then call him and tell him you live at (give your neighbors address). Tell him he has no ba!!s. Grab a beer ang go sit on the front porch, see what happens. Once again, do not use your phone.

The nice thing about these options is he will have no idea who is actually doing it. Police are way to busy to fully investigate these events, especially if stuff happens in the neighborhood.

If you know for sure it is his kids, start doing stuff to his vehicles. He will get the message. Size him up first, just incase.

4.3LXJ
11-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Here is what you want to get a hold of!

Load up the hopper with pepper spray paintballs too!

http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DRxBa5bQfTGc&rct=j&sa=X&ei=wI3kTOWPAYH68AbSnpShDQ&ved=0CB0QuAIwAA&q=Auto+targeting+painball+gun&usg=AFQjCNFwRmg4L-S7j0BBPPSEm_CJJxGVdQ&cad=rja

I love it. Perfect.:thumbsup:

buckshot500
11-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I love it. Perfect.:thumbsup:

Even with paint marker, they'd have some Splainin to do to the cops.

:sniper:

bluedragon436
11-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I love having my paint markers loaded and ready to go... can't say how many dogs and even cars I have marked... being on our property here... and when the cops say can you prove it was them... I say yeah... go check and look for some pink, or some other florescent colors... yep... has worked a couple times..