PDA

View Full Version : thoes connectors

Thomass
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi All

Just an other question.
working on a Cherokee (the girlfriends one :female:), restoring the cable-mess, I have two connectors and a relay.
the relay, i can not understand the function of this one.
the two connectors, I know one of them is for the electrical fan, (but witch one) and the other I du not know.
In my own XJ, this is gone and the electrical fan is switched otherwise, so i have no referential.

i made a pic from them:
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Thomass-Raphael/kabelt.jpg

see the colour-arrows

you would make me happy if you can explain

Mudderoy
07-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi All

Just an other question.
working on a Cherokee (the girlfriends one :female:), restoring the cable-mess, I have two connectors and a relay.
the two connectors, I know one of them is for the electrical fan, (but witch one) and the other I du not know.
In my own XJ, this is gone and the electrical fan is switched otherwise, so i have no referential.

i made a pic from them:

see the colour-arrows

The only one I think I recognize is the red arrow, that is the electric fan connector.

xj4life2
07-15-2010, 02:35 PM
The red is the elec fan connector as Muddy said judgeing from location and color of the wires that I believe to be the elec. fan relay and should mount to the firewall just ahead of the windshield washer bottle

NickM
07-15-2010, 09:34 PM
I got nuttin over and above what others said (relay is for auxiliary fan and red arrow is to fan plug).
Don't know what the other one is, mine doesn't have it and it is a Renix too.

Nick

Thomass
07-16-2010, 04:57 AM
I can't even find the connector with the yellow arrow (a red and a black wire) on the electric schematic.

But than, now i work on the electrical wiring, i noticed that all of the relay sockets have a white rectangle plastic thing on them. what is the use of this part ? ?

ParadiseXJ
07-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I can't even find the connector with the yellow arrow (a red and a black wire) on the electric schematic.

But than, now i work on the electrical wiring, i noticed that all of the relay sockets have a white rectangle plastic thing on them. what is the use of this part ? ?

The white rectangle is a lock/release for the relay base.

I would guess that the yellow arrow is either a fog lamp or a sensor for a possible overhead console option.:hmmmm2:

Melissa
07-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi All

Just an other question.

i made a pic from them:

see the colour-arrows

What I see is that the green arrow is the electric fan relay, red arrow is the electric fan connector, and I think maybe the yellow arrow is the old electic fan connector that was connected to the computer before someone installed the aftermarket fan controller ( I just installed my electric fan controller on mine ) Or another thought, my electric fan controller is set up to run dual electric fans, maybe thats what they were going to try and do with that yellow arrow connector. Again, just throwing out thoughts and my 2 cents worth

I have both the factory overhead console option and factory fog lights and I can say that the yellow arrow connector is not for either of those :thumbsup:

Thomass
07-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I did not find an thermo switch on the radiator, the hole where it suppose to be is plugged up.
Is it possible that the wire (Yellow arrow) should be connected to this missing Plug??

ParadiseXJ
08-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I did not find an thermo switch on the radiator, the hole where it suppose to be is plugged up.
Is it possible that the wire (Yellow arrow) should be connected to this missing Plug??

Yes. I was digging around in my MJ engine bay, and found that wire. Since I converted to an open cooling system I bought a 92 radiator with no bung. The connector with the blue and yellow wire (the sender switch wires)come out of the harnes to where the temp switch USED to be. The fan (power) wires come out of the harness from the fan relay.

So the red arrow is the fan wiring fan FROM the relay (green arrow) to , the yellow arrow is the sender to ECU/ wire. Does that make sense??