PDA

View Full Version : waterpump

Thomass
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
good day all,

again i have a wet problem

Is there an other Than OEM water pump for my 4l 6cyl.
i thought i have read somewhere that there exist an stronger and a higher volume displacement pump.
or is there only the stock one for my '88

While i was working on the hoses today, by unhappy accident:sad0147:, i pinched :mad0090: the radiator. I do have an other (oem) one, but can i fit an bigger one, and if so, what kind...

thomass

Mudderoy
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
good day all,

again i have a wet problem

Is there an other Than OEM water pump for my 4l 6cyl.
i thought i have read somewhere that there exist an stronger and a higher volume displacement pump.
or is there only the stock one for my '88

While i was working on the hoses today, by unhappy accident:sad0147:, i pinched :mad0090: the radiator. I do have an other (oem) one, but can i fit an bigger one, and if so, what kind...

thomass

I put a flowkooler high flow water pump on mine. I'm not sure where you'd get one from but I got my from Summitracing.com.

Melissa
07-18-2010, 01:21 PM
I put a bosch high flow water pump on my '93, I found it online, can't remember where right now

pingpong
07-23-2010, 04:16 PM
I think the flow kooler is the only hi volume pump I know of. My question is why do you need a hi flow water pump? What issues are you having with cooling?

Mudderoy
07-24-2010, 12:05 AM
I think the flow kooler is the only hi volume pump I know of. My question is why do you need a hi flow water pump? What issues are you having with cooling?

Mine runs hot on the highway.

Melissa
07-24-2010, 01:34 AM

You might be right...................I went back and checked my bosch water pump and it does not say high flow ( could have swore it did :( ), looks to be just a replacement for my OEM water pump :D

Thomass
07-24-2010, 05:19 AM

The water pump used now, is ready for replacement, A wile back in this forum, there was also an water pump issue, they talked about that the OEM pump is becoming in time less accurate because of the inside fan is becoming smaller (erosion) so i toke of mine just to inspect, and the erosion has struck to mine.
it is pumping the water around but that is all. looking at the pictures of an OEM or an hi flow, there is a difference in the buildup of the scoops. The hi flow has a (on first sight) better kind of scoops. But with replacing the pump, i hoped that there was an other brand.
Ive looked in to the Bosh Melissa mentioned, but this one is not on the European marked and have to order it in th US, what will bring hi extra-cost
I have to replace the pump, and the question is should i or should i not change the OEM pump with an OEM or with an hi flow.

Th

pingpong
07-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Mine runs hot on the highway.

I have to ask why? Unless you have something blocking your radiator you rig should not run hot on the highways. The mechanical fan has a viscous coupler that once you reach a certain rpm free wheels. And the electric fan well is only on if your tempswitch and relay work.

The water pump used now, is ready for replacement, A wile back in this forum, there was also an water pump issue, they talked about that the OEM pump is becoming in time less accurate because of the inside fan is becoming smaller (erosion) so i toke of mine just to inspect, and the erosion has struck to mine.
it is pumping the water around but that is all. looking at the pictures of an OEM or an hi flow, there is a difference in the buildup of the scoops. The hi flow has a (on first sight) better kind of scoops. But with replacing the pump, i hoped that there was an other brand.
Ive looked in to the Bosh Melissa mentioned, but this one is not on the European marked and have to order it in th US, what will bring hi extra-cost
I have to replace the pump, and the question is should i or should i not change the OEM pump with an OEM or with an hi flow.

Th

UNless you are running hotter then it should be 210-220 is normal then I say NO.. dont fix it unless it is broken.

Mudderoy
07-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I have to ask why? Unless you have something blocking your radiator you rig should not run hot on the highways. The mechanical fan has a viscous coupler that once you reach a certain rpm free wheels. And the electric fan well is only on if your tempswitch and relay work.

UNless you are running hotter then it should be 210-220 is normal then I say NO.. dont fix it unless it is broken.

fans work, air path to radiator is clear, with the exceptions of the transmission coolers, and A/C condenser.

Melissa
07-24-2010, 01:09 PM

Th

my 2 cents would be to replace your water pump with the high flow one, your already there and if you have the funds, do it. Better now, then having to go back and do it later when you have second thoughts.

When I changed out my water pump, I changed everything along with it because I was there. I did my water pump, radiator, changed my thermostat housing, temp sensor, put in a fail safe thermostat, and also put in a heavy duty clutch fan. Then I found my real problem, my electric fan was not kicking on, I have that fixed now too, but I am really glad I did what I did, because now I know everythings new and all working correctly.