PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar is hitting front spring?

brianwy77
07-04-2010, 04:54 PM
I installed my sway bar back on my jeep with Rough Country quick disconnects. After I started to get every thing in place I noticed that my sway bar is hitting my drivers side spring. The spring is slightly bowed to the front. Has any one delt with this issue or have any idea's on what to do.
I was thinking about cutting a 1/2 inch of my sway bar ends, or trying to figure out how to keep the spring from being bowed. I don't think that the spring will change unless I mount new spring perches.

Any one have any ideas?

4.3LXJ
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Your castor angle has rotated forward with that lift. Is this lift with drop brackets or long arm? Anyway, rotate the axle toward the back and the spring will straighten out and not hit the sway bar anymore.

brianwy77
07-05-2010, 12:38 AM
It is a 3 link long arm. How would you rotate the axle? By adjusting the control arms, I am new to the suspension world. I wan't to make sure that my angle to the transfer case is still good correct.

Thanks, Brian

4.3LXJ
07-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Most 3 links have adjustable links. You will probably find a lock nut on the arms and some threads. Back the bottom ones out and the top one in.