PDA

View Full Version : Iphone peeps

TeXJ
07-03-2010, 11:17 PM
So I got my Iphone tuesday, :cheerleader:

So what are some Apps that you have and like and cost of said app.

and go!

I got one called AlpineCrawler, LOVE IT! Free too

Deviate
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Sellout. :D

I got rid of my 32g 3GS a while back to, in part, finance the acquisition of my Miata. Just couldn't justify having a $500 phone in my pocket at the time.

I'll be picking another one up soon, though, I think. This HTC Tilt is a massive POS.

Wish I could recommend some applications, but it's been ~6 months since I got rid of mine. I'm sure all the aps I had are pushed way back in the list by now.

TeXJ
07-06-2010, 06:07 PM
I've been accumulating a bunch :D Its my first "smart phone" and i love it!

default83
07-07-2010, 07:20 AM
i use alot of the utility apps, I.E. Weather Channel, GPS apps and police scanner apps.

a really cool app is redlaser, it lets you scan barcodes off products and searches the internet for the cheapest price on it, so if your in a store and curious about how "good" of a deal your getting...lol

once i jailbroke mine, the apps are endless, most of my apps are jailbroken apps so i cant help you out that much.

oh yeah and Knock video live is a really good one, it lets you stream video from your iphone to anyone elses iphone, almost like video chat...

Indiana Jeep
07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm using my sisters old one basically as an iPod. Jaibroke it and unlocked it using cydia. Been trying to find a way to change the IMEI so I can use my Tracphone prepay sim card with the iPhone, but so far no luck. As for apps from the apple app store, I like using flixster, it's free and gives local movie times. If you like Geocaching the same Geocaching app is great. there is a free version and a more advanced one. I also have one called Plague it's a game that uses gps, it's different though, if not many people around you are on it it won't be any good. As for the jailbroken apps, Five icon Dock is great, also Winterboard is good for changing themes. There is a battery theme app for it called Jeep Girl that changes the charging screen into the Jeep logo with the silhouette of a girl sitting on it. As the charges her body fills up. (It just fills up the same as the normal battery, not anything risque like some of ya might be thinkin!) There is also a Jeepin theme that changes the lock slider to the Jeep logo and says H2 recovery, when you turn the iPhone off it says goin' muddin', but it has wranglers as the wallpaper and does not let you change the pictures. If you have little ones my 4 yr old nephew likes the spongebob game. Then I downloaded the Iron man 2 Lite version (Free demo) and he loves it.

TeXJ
07-07-2010, 05:37 PM
they havent gotten the OS4 jail broken yet, so when you jail break it, do you have to jail break it everytime they have updates?

Indiana Jeep
07-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I upgraded to IOS 4 before jailbreaking. Here's the link where I got started =

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/06/how-to-jailbreak-ios-4-using-redsn0w-for-iphone-3g-users-mac.html

If your using windows this should do =

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/06/how-to-jailbreak-ios-4-using-redsn0w-for-iphone-3g-users-windows.html

These are for jailbreaking the iPhone 3G with IOS 4. It says if you have an iPhone 3Gs there is a different guide, the links are on the page. As far as redoing it with each upgrade, I think you might have to. From what I have read those using the IOS 3.1.3 (the previous version) just had to wait for the developers to come up with the new jailbreak before upgrading. Then use their programs to upgrade and jailbreak at the same time. On my phone the operating system seems a lot slower after upgrading. I have been thinking about downgrading it to 3.1.3. I just have to get the file from my sisters computer. I upgraded the iPhone the first time I plugged it into my Mac and I forgot to copy the original operating system from the phone. (Yep that was dumb!!)

TeXJ
07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
apparently for the iphone4 they dont have a jailbreak out for it yet, or have it unlocked.

however, thanks for a good website.

default83
07-08-2010, 06:44 AM
apparently for the iphone4 they dont have a jailbreak out for it yet, or have it unlocked.

however, thanks for a good website.

ive heard that iphone 4 doesnt need to be jailbroken due to all the features on it now.

TeXJ
07-08-2010, 09:52 AM
not from what im reading, www.iphonehacks.com said there a few groups trying it now. It uses a different "bios" than the other Iphones.

toebee97
07-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Been trying to find a way to change the IMEI so I can use my Tracphone prepay sim card with the iPhone, but so far no luck.
That's considered fraud in some states, might wanna look into that. From what I have read on XDA, no phone's IMEI can be changed, it's hard-coded to the circuit board itself.

ive heard that iphone 4 doesnt need to be jailbroken due to all the features on it now.
Android pwns iPhone all day you guys. My G1 can run circles around my Fiance's 3Gs.

toebee97
07-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Keep drinkin that kool-aid lol :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

default83
07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Android pwns iPhone all day you guys. My G1 can run circles around my Fiance's 3Gs.

ahh a droid guy..lol

ive heard alot about those phones, but since i like ATT and every other service SUCKS where i live, im sticking with it, plus ive gotten so use to the iphone i cant even use other phones.

also if your not like a hardcore phone dude, iphone does EVERYTHING you need it do plus more, its a really good phone, especially after they fixed the email issues.

toebee97
07-10-2010, 09:57 AM
ahh a droid guy..lol

ive heard alot about those phones, but since i like ATT and every other service SUCKS where i live, im sticking with it, plus ive gotten so use to the iphone i cant even use other phones.

also if your not like a hardcore phone dude, iphone does EVERYTHING you need it do plus more, its a really good phone, especially after they fixed the email issues.
Honestly they aren't too bad a phone, but they can't do everything. At least not without jailbreaking first. The 3Gs is a pretty powerful phone, with the memory to back it up. Would never own the new Iphone4 though.

At&t hasn't really gotten a good Android phone yet, but they're releasing one in 8 days that has 16gb of memory and the same microprocessor as the new iPhone, and will directly compete with Apple's crown jewel. Wonder how Steve Jobs feels about that lol.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/07/08/samsung-captivate-launch/

TeXJ
07-10-2010, 11:37 AM
I love my Iphone4!

Does it have quirks, yes, but so does our beloved XJs. And we all love them! It does what i want it to, and the apps really help a lot too.

The main reason i went with the iphone, at&t. At my wifes work att is the only courier that gets reception in the hospital. So she wouldnt be able to use her phone. So we are stuck with att. And even with its weirdness i still really enjoy my phone! so there you droid bandwagon-jumper-on-er :D

toebee97
07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I love my Iphone4!

Does it have quirks, yes, but so does our beloved XJs. And we all love them! It does what i want it to, and the apps really help a lot too.

The main reason i went with the iphone, at&t. At my wifes work att is the only courier that gets reception in the hospital. So she wouldnt be able to use her phone. So we are stuck with att. And even with its weirdness i still really enjoy my phone! so there you droid bandwagon-jumper-on-er :D

So does yours NOT have the antenna "death grip", battery life, proximity sensor, and sound quality issues? I'd be surprised if you didn't have at least one of those problems, which people are actually filing class action law suits against At&t and Apple over. They allege that Att/Apple rushed a product to market with known hardware defects. And they are correct. In a rush to make money, they shot themselves in the foot. If Jeep did that with the XJ, there would have been a huge recall. The quirkiness comes with age, not manufacturing defect. Look what happened with Toyota and the Prius braking issue. I guess it's not the same if you buy a brand new phone that doesn't work because it was made hastily.

I know what you mean by "stuck with at&t," I'm getting pretty tired of paying out the a$$ for crappy mobile internet, and crappy signal where I live. I live in the middle of town too. But at least I don't have every other call drop like when I had T-Mobile. My contract is up in a couple months, if I don't get the Captivate and renew my contract I may go to Sprint or Verizon. They have way better phones.

You should check out a Android phone, and really mess with it. You can actually customize them unlike the iPhone (unless you buy stuff on app store), and they are just as user-friendly as the iPhone. I'm tellin you man, once you go Android, you'll never go back. :D

TeXJ
07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
So does yours NOT have the antenna "death grip", battery life, proximity sensor, and sound quality issues? I'd be surprised if you didn't have at least one of those problems, which people are actually filing class action law suits against At&t and Apple over. They allege that Att/Apple rushed a product to market with known hardware defects. And they are correct. In a rush to make money, they shot themselves in the foot. If Jeep did that with the XJ, there would have been a huge recall. The quirkiness comes with age, not manufacturing defect. Look what happened with Toyota and the Prius braking issue. I guess it's not the same if you buy a brand new phone that doesn't work because it was made hastily.

I know what you mean by "stuck with at&t," I'm getting pretty tired of paying out the a$$ for crappy mobile internet, and crappy signal where I live. I live in the middle of town too. But at least I don't have every other call drop like when I had T-Mobile. My contract is up in a couple months, if I don't get the Captivate and renew my contract I may go to Sprint or Verizon. They have way better phones.

You should check out a Android phone, and really mess with it. You can actually customize them unlike the iPhone (unless you buy stuff on app store), and they are just as user-friendly as the iPhone. I'm tellin you man, once you go Android, you'll never go back. :D

Battery life is great! The whole death grip thing...just dont cover up the two antennas on the bottom, plus a case will solve the problem. Which most get anyways. The sound is awesome too, im in the back of the house and my wife in the living room had to tell me to turn it down due to it being too loud.

People will sue over anything if they think they will get money. I can put backgrounds on mine change the ringtones, even put a wallpaper for the unlock screen. I dont really see how much more customization one could do...

I probably would have went with a droid had at&t had better options, which we know they wont cause they would compete with the Iphone. Business is business, and bottom line i like my phone and my phone does what i want it to do, plus if i feel the need to i could always unlock/jailbreak it.

toebee97
07-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I can put backgrounds on mine change the ringtones, even put a wallpaper for the unlock screen. I dont really see how much more customization one could do...
Lol there is a lot you can do! You can change every single graphic of the UI if you want to. You can make it look like a Mac or a Windows desktop. You can use customized unlock sliders and customized icons you made yourself. You can run ANY app, not just what Apple/At&t makes you buy from them. But like you said, you're not a real hardcore phone guy, and it takes a crapload of reading and learning to do that stuff. Sorry if I came off as insulting or condescending, I'm a big phone geek so I get carried away sometimes.:rolleyes:

Indiana Jeep
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Nothing wrong with getting excited about 'em. :thumbsup: I just keep getting blown away by all the new stuff they can do. I'm waiting for the day when you can use sunglasses as video phones :cool:(like having each lens as a video screen) :camera: and of course we'll have to make new laws for the people who'll be driving while having a conversation with two different people and run through a mall.:driving::eek::driving::smiley-scared002:

Indiana Jeep
07-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Just found out about this, think it's a nifty idea http://www.jeeptripcast.com/ :thumbsup:

TeXJ
07-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Lol there is a lot you can do! You can change every single graphic of the UI if you want to. You can make it look like a Mac or a Windows desktop. You can use customized unlock sliders and customized icons you made yourself. You can run ANY app, not just what Apple/At&t makes you buy from them. But like you said, you're not a real hardcore phone guy, and it takes a crapload of reading and learning to do that stuff. Sorry if I came off as insulting or condescending, I'm a big phone geek so I get carried away sometimes.:rolleyes:

:driving: all good

Indiana Jeep
09-11-2010, 09:50 AM
came across a fun game that some people might like, well if you have kind of a sick sense of humor. Called "Shark or Die" you play as a shark and you swim around and eat people. Not really graphic but you probably wouldn't want to let little kids play it. Maybe I need help LOL

TeXJ
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
haha, i have that one,

another i just found is called gun club 2 you have to load, pull the lever and then pull the trigger on the different guns. If its a bolt action single shot you have to reload for each shot, kind of a cool app.

I look up the free apps, and they have that Free App a Day, thing so you can get some really cool apps for free!