PDA

View Full Version : Life without the internet........

DETOURS
06-30-2010, 08:54 AM
For over 3 weeks now........I've had no internet service, I still dont....Lightening took out the broadband tower..........twice....:smiley-scared002:

Hope everyone is well, looking forward to getting back on the web....:popcorn:.......someday soon!! :jail:

Mudderoy
06-30-2010, 08:55 AM
For over 3 weeks now........I've had no internet service, I still dont....Lightening took out the broadband tower..........twice....:smiley-scared002:

Hope everyone is well, looking forward to getting back on the web....:popcorn:.......someday soon!! :jail:

Kind of makes you wonder how we survived before the Internet huh? We miss you Spanky! :sad0147:

alwaysxj
06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
ya tell me about it, they took it away from me at work. it sucks...

4.3LXJ
06-30-2010, 10:14 AM
I have a limit on my broad band, so if I get to the end of the broad band before the end of he month I suffer withdrawals. I hear rumors of DSL now though

reddragon72
06-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Why don't you look into a mobile broadband provider? my phone gets 4200 down and 1540 up setting in my house. It really is leaps and bounds from what it used to be and shoot my outbound is better then my home internet outbound, and the inbound is only 1500 short of my homes max! Plus you can take your BB with you to other locations :-)

4.3LXJ
06-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Why don't you look into a mobile broadband provider? my phone gets 4200 down and 1540 up setting in my house. It really is leaps and bounds from what it used to be and shoot my outbound is better then my home internet outbound, and the inbound is only 1500 short of my homes max! Plus you can take your BB with you to other locations :-)

If the tower is gone, the broad band won't work. Trust me I know. The pics of his place are in a very rural setting, so tower options are limited. Trust me, I know about that one too. There are lots of options if you live in town, but when you get out of town, you can be stuck with only one option. I went with a cheaper company with lots of promises and found they were dropping my business emails into cyberspace somewhere, which almost cost me a LOT of money. So I pay extra for the broad band too, but it is only as good as the tower.

reddragon72
06-30-2010, 10:49 AM
If the tower is gone, the broad band won't work. Trust me I know. The pics of his place are in a very rural setting, so tower options are limited. Trust me, I know about that one too. There are lots of options if you live in town, but when you get out of town, you can be stuck with only one option. I went with a cheaper company with lots of promises and found they were dropping my business emails into cyberspace somewhere, which almost cost me a LOT of money. So I pay extra for the broad band too, but it is only as good as the tower.

WOW!! didn't really see where you all are at till now. I just looked up your general location and it is pretty sparse out there. Maybe satellite internet :smiley-laughing021: wait that stuff sucks bad nevermind :rotfl2:

DETOURS
07-01-2010, 07:52 AM
They're saying 'maybe' Tuesday at this point............:mad0090:

Phone cards are'nt an option in my area, cable non-exist........Hughesnet is an option but extremely costly if you want any speed....:thumbdown:

Meanwhile.......Ol'dial-up is going to be installed as a back-up system, I gotta tell ya it's been tough operating an internet base company with no internet........I've been coming down to my buddies shop every morning for the last 3 weeks checking emails, setting up shipping, etc........it's a lot of time lost and to be honest.............his office kinda smells bad......:eek:

Talk again soon.......:patriot:

Mudderoy
07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
They're saying 'maybe' Tuesday at this point............:mad0090:

Phone cards are'nt an option in my area, cable non-exist........Hughesnet is an option but extremely costly if you want any speed....:thumbdown:

Meanwhile.......Ol'dial-up is going to be installed as a back-up system, I gotta tell ya it's been tough operating an internet base company with no internet........I've been coming down to my buddies shop every morning for the last 3 weeks checking emails, setting up shipping, etc........it's a lot of time lost and to be honest.............his office kinda smells bad......:eek:

Talk again soon.......:patriot:

lol smells bad? You're trying to burn that last remaining bridge to the Internet aren't you?!?!? :smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
LOL......Ya know, after typing that and logging off........I noticed a stick of deoderant next to me.......:headshake:

Well so, the dial-up is hooked up.........I'm now living early 90's internet life until Tuesday at the soonest......can this still be considered surfing???? I'm going to go find an old Foghat album and take a 'slow ride.............at the very least some Motley Crew.......relive the early 90's....

:stars:

Mudderoy
07-01-2010, 08:12 PM
LOL......Ya know, after typing that and logging off........I noticed a stick of deoderant next to me.......:headshake:

Well so, the dial-up is hooked up.........I'm now living early 90's internet life until Tuesday at the soonest......can this still be considered surfing???? I'm going to go find an old Foghat album and take a 'slow ride.............at the very least some Motley Crew.......relive the early 90's....

Still dialup was better than no-up! Glad your back on.

4.3LXJ
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM

Well so, the dial-up is hooked up.........I'm now living early 90's internet life until Tuesday at the soonest......can this still be considered surfing????

No Spanky, it is dog paddling. :D

DETOURS
07-02-2010, 07:22 AM
No Spanky, it is dog paddling. :D

I'm with ya on that one brotha!!

Meh......not sooo bad I guess, it's slow.....but not painfull and like Mudd said.....slow net is better than no net.....I dont dare attempt to look a pictures though...:rolleyes:

4.3LXJ
07-02-2010, 09:39 AM
You would have to come back tomorrow for a vid.

DETOURS
07-06-2010, 06:02 PM
yeee flip'in haaaaaa!!!!! giddy up!!!

Life is on it's way to being good again!!
Right down to the shop being wireless now!!
The shop is back jammin to radio365.........stylin...:thumbsup:

I'm no longer lost........wondering where my broadband went......

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/MISC2010010.jpg