PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in the Paranormal?

Jamie Lynn
06-27-2010, 03:26 PM
I was just wondering if anyone believed in the paranormal and if anyone has ever had any kinds of experience with it. Everyone has some kind of ESP, so I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone has any experiences that they would like to share.

4x4Dalton
06-27-2010, 05:00 PM
I do Jamie. My grandfather passed away 25 yrs ago in my mothers house. To this day I still get the feeling he is there watching over the place.

cantab27
06-27-2010, 06:58 PM
I was just wondering if anyone believed in the paranormal and if anyone has ever had any kinds of experience with it. Everyone has some kind of ESP, so I'm just curious as to whether or not anyone has any experiences that they would like to share.

i knew you were going to post this....... spooky......:smiley-laughing021::thumbsup:

Indiana Jeep
06-27-2010, 07:37 PM
I believe it's possible, but I guess I am kind of a hypocrite, because until I see it for myself I tend not to believe any of it.

rguignard
06-27-2010, 07:55 PM
when my son was 2 or 3 he came and woke me up to come and meet his friend a big guy like me he said sooo i jumped up and run to the living room to see what was going on and he comes up ( my son ) and says he was just on the couch but hes not there now ALL the doors and windows were locked so to this day who knows ???? and in the same house i would leave in the morning and turn eveything off and when i got home the tv would be on and the lights in the kitchen would be too. i got my son a cat and it all stopped so i guess it didnt like cats. lol

drakan1908
06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
We have a room upstairs and my son says that unless he has something like a box sitting in a certain corner he gets the feeling some one is standing there.

tbone
06-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I've had lots of things happen, so much so that we started our own Paranormal group. It's really interesting trying to find proof by doing investagations.

cantab27
06-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I've had lots of things happen, so much so that we started our own Paranormal group. It's really interesting trying to find proof by doing investagations.

cool can we know more on what ya do .......:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
06-27-2010, 09:43 PM

tbone if you like I'll set up a forum here that you can post stuff. I've always been interested in the paranormal and I think many people would enjoy a discussion about it.

BlueXJ
06-28-2010, 12:58 AM
No personal stories to relate but I don't discount it either.

prerunner1982
06-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I certainly do..

A story my father told me growing up was about him living in a house during college with some friends. One night they were studying and while him and another buddy were in the kitchen getting snacks and coffee, their other buddy was in the room they were studying in at the end of the hall way (they could all see each other from where they were standing/sitting, kitchen was at one end of the hall, study room at the other). At the entrance to the kitchen glittery stuff fell to the floor then when it hit smoke rose and then it was gone. As my dad and buddy grabbed their stuff and took off down the hall the temp dropped about 20* where the glitter/smoke had been. After studying for awhile they went back to the kitchen and the cool air had moved down the hall to the door to the room they were in. They would also find small thing out of place, tooth brushes, hair brushes, keys, etc.. My father also remembers sitting straight up out of sleep to see the glitter and smoke at the end of his bed. He says it was never mean to them and when they moved out he mentioned it to the landlord who states she had heard similar reports from the house next door but never that one. The only thing they can think of is that the landlords mother had owned the land/houses previously and had died in one of the houses.

A story of my own....

When I was a year old my mother died in the house that we lived in. When I was probably 8 I was laying in bed when I heard drums outside. I thought it was someone in their garage down the street being too loud. But I drummed a beat on my head board..... then it played it back to me. I freaked out and ran to my dads room, he was asleep. The next morning I went to the back yard, which was completely covered in chicken wire (grape vines) and the only open end of the porch was to the back yard where our two large dogs were. In the area of the back porch right outside of my window I found a plastic plant pot turned upside down placed right in the middle of the porch area. It wasn't until later that I really had come to terms with the fact that that was most likely my mother. Many years later after I had moved and married we were staying in a town house, I always put my keys, wallet, etc in the same spot on the dresser. When we got ready to leave I couldn't find my keys. I took the spare set and we left. When we came home... they were right back where I always put them. Though we had a small child at the time (old enough to walk/talk) she was with us from the time we looked for the keys until we returned.. so she couldn't have played with them and put them back. Not long after that our kiddo was standing at the top of the stairs right outside of the bedroom where me and my wife were. Our daughter was just talking and talking... when we asked who she was talking to, she said the pretty lady. I realize kids have great imagination but I believe it was my mother.

Sorry for the long stories....

Mudderoy
06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
I certainly do..

A story my father told me growing up was about him living in a house during college with some friends. One night they were studying and while him and another buddy were in the kitchen getting snacks and coffee, their other buddy was in the room they were studying in at the end of the hall way (they could all see each other from where they were standing/sitting, kitchen was at one end of the hall, study room at the other). At the entrance to the kitchen glittery stuff fell to the floor then when it hit smoke rose and then it was gone. As my dad and buddy grabbed their stuff and took off down the hall the temp dropped about 20* where the glitter/smoke had been. After studying for awhile they went back to the kitchen and the cool air had moved down the hall to the door to the room they were in. They would also find small thing out of place, tooth brushes, hair brushes, keys, etc.. My father also remembers sitting straight up out of sleep to see the glitter and smoke at the end of his bed. He says it was never mean to them and when they moved out he mentioned it to the landlord who states she had heard similar reports from the house next door but never that one. The only thing they can think of is that the landlords mother had owned the land/houses previously and had died in one of the houses.

A story of my own....

When I was a year old my mother died in the house that we lived in. When I was probably 8 I was laying in bed when I heard drums outside. I thought it was someone in their garage down the street being too loud. But I drummed a beat on my head board..... then it played it back to me. I freaked out and ran to my dads room, he was asleep. The next morning I went to the back yard, which was completely covered in chicken wire (grape vines) and the only open end of the porch was to the back yard where our two large dogs were. In the area of the back porch right outside of my window I found a plastic plant pot turned upside down placed right in the middle of the porch area. It wasn't until later that I really had come to terms with the fact that that was most likely my mother. Many years later after I had moved and married we were staying in a town house, I always put my keys, wallet, etc in the same spot on the dresser. When we got ready to leave I couldn't find my keys. I took the spare set and we left. When we came home... they were right back where I always put them. Though we had a small child at the time (old enough to walk/talk) she was with us from the time we looked for the keys until we returned.. so she couldn't have played with them and put them back. Not long after that our kiddo was standing at the top of the stairs right outside of the bedroom where me and my wife were. Our daughter was just talking and talking... when we asked who she was talking to, she said the pretty lady. I realize kids have great imagination but I believe it was my mother.

I'm so sorry you lost your Mom. I lost my Dad when I was 24 and that was too young for me.

prerunner1982
06-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks Muddy... things are good. I have come to terms with it since I was young I really don't have memories. I named my youngest daughter after my mom, she also looks a lot like my mom did when she was young.

Jamie Lynn
06-28-2010, 09:57 PM
when my son was 2 or 3 he came and woke me up to come and meet his friend a big guy like me he said sooo i jumped up and run to the living room to see what was going on and he comes up ( my son ) and says he was just on the couch but hes not there now ALL the doors and windows were locked so to this day who knows ???? and in the same house i would leave in the morning and turn eveything off and when i got home the tv would be on and the lights in the kitchen would be too. i got my son a cat and it all stopped so i guess it didnt like cats. lol

Yes, typically its something about cats that they don't like and cats don't like them either...kinda weird but it happens.

Jamie Lynn
06-28-2010, 10:02 PM

I actually was a member of a paranormal group...that is until the boyfriend and I split. I have dealt with the paranormal as a child. I have many strange experiences. It seems that it runs on my mother's side of the family. My Aunt, my niece, my mam-mam (who passed away) and I seem to be the ones with the "gifts". It's funny, I can tell when someone I love or care about is in trouble and have had "visions" of things that I should not know about or even have any clue about. I'm very sensitive to things. One of my best friends and I are very sensitive and when you get the two of us together, things just seem to multiply and amplify. I have come to grips with it and right now...even at a very young age, I'm trying to help my niece come to grips with it also. She has been very sensitive since she was born and the poor girl is only 4 years old...so it's been a challenge trying to explain certain things to her.

Jamie Lynn
06-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I certainly do..

A story of my own....

No, don't apologize. I enjoyed them...and trust me I have stories that could make your heart skip beats and want to hide...

DETOURS
07-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Ghost adventures are on tonight......:thumbsup:

I'm a believer, we actually feel this property we bought is haunted, not so much the house, but the property........(there was a hanging in this area years ago, no one can say exactly where, but I'm the one with the huge oak tree in my back yard..........)

BOOO!! :smiley-scared002:

Jamie Lynn
07-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Ghost adventures are on tonight......:thumbsup:

I'm a believer, we actually feel this property we bought is haunted, not so much the house, but the property........(there was a hanging in this area years ago, no one can say exactly where, but I'm the one with the huge oak tree in my back yard..........)

BOOO!! :smiley-scared002:

Lol...don't you just love that feeling.

DETOURS
07-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Well.............................................. ..............................not all the time, I've felt and arm around my waist in the shop, the front porch which gets pretty darn warm in the summer can turn cold and while backyard camping about 2 months ago in a tent with by son........I was awoken by a horse galluping at the tent......I only heard it in one ear, the one that was towards the ground......I awoke, non of the 20 horses here were moving.......it was dead quiet..........theres more, but my finger hurts right now......:cheerleader:

Jamie Lynn
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Well.............................................. ..............................not all the time, I've felt and arm around my waist in the shop, the front porch which gets pretty darn warm in the summer can turn cold and while backyard camping about 2 months ago in a tent with by son........I was awoken by a horse galluping at the tent......I only heard it in one ear, the one that was towards the ground......I awoke, non of the 20 horses here were moving.......it was dead quiet..........theres more, but my finger hurts right now......:cheerleader:

I would love to hear more...sounds like a very active place...

DETOURS
07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Wanna buy it?
Your 'X' would never find you here. :rolleyes:

Jamie Lynn
07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Would love to...I love that kinda stuff.

LizardRunner
10-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes I believe in spirits (what most term the paranormal) I deal with them on an almost daily basis and have done so since my 5th birthday.

steph74
10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
The only paranormal I believe in is that God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit at the same time....

but I also have never experienced anything like ghost encounters.... so how can I say lol ;)

Jamie Lynn
10-04-2011, 06:02 PM
The only paranormal I believe in is that God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit at the same time....

but I also have never experienced anything like ghost encounters.... so how can I say lol ;)

Spend a week with me and you will..guaranteed. ;)

dagr8tim
10-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Afew years ago, I was driving through an old rail road town that has buildings from the early 1800's. On that night I felt a presence in the back seat that rode for about half a mile and left. It seemed friendly and enjoyed the ride.

xj4life2
10-04-2011, 07:09 PM
I cant say as I'm a believer of the paranormal, as a Christian its kinda wrong to think that way , however I have seen some things I can't explain and have really freaked me out. I have felt things that were not there and seen people move from room to room in our new place but when I went to see who it was nobody was there. Most of this has only occured since we moved into the new place. We know many of the previous residence and several of them have gone to see Jesus in this house. I/we have never felt scared or threatened by any of this. Earlier you mentioned cats , we have three two of which live in the house. So can I say I believe no , but i can say there have been several things I can't explain.Truely the only ghost i believe in belong to the trinity!!!

LizardRunner
10-04-2011, 07:49 PM
It seems to me if you say you believe in religious things, like angels, the devil, demons., even heaven, you are talking about things that a scientist would attribute to the paranormal.

I know many who profess these beliefs and then say they don't believe in ghosts or spirits or the paranormal in general because they haven't seen one or experienced an encounter. To me, that sorta doesn't make a lot of sense. Especially if you've never seen an angel or a demon or G_D for that matter.

Now before anyone jumps this thought. I have been through Jesuit Seminary (yep I was almost a preist, until the father superior told me that was not what the creator had in mind for me) and I know that Creator exist, I have quite litterally felt his hand upon me, I bear a mark from his hand slapping me into sense. There were wittnesses to this event and they could not explain what they saw happen. Also, the hebrews (jewish) do not believe in an after life of any kind. For them it is your alive, your dead and that is that. Jesus was a hebrew, first and he taught what is in the Talmud and Torah, nothing more, nothing less. BTW his own people, as we all know, rejected him after three years of hanging on his every word and many proclaimed him the messhia. I personally know that this was creator walking among us in our own clothing. I do not profess to be a Christian however, nor do I call myself a believer, I am a knower of the creator, I have no doubts.

Now as far as spirits, in the Talmud, it is written that we are the keepers of all souls. What is a soul? could it be... a spirit. And don't forget, the one jesus, came back and walked the earth a second time for 30 days before the assention to the father. I appologise for the rant.

jccatt
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM
No I dont. I dont believe in non facts like god either. If you cant prove it beyond reasonable doubt i wont believe. I am a Darwinist lol, and not the darwin awards type either lol

JENSSEN
10-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Yes

prerunner1982
10-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Thought I would bump this in honor of Halloween in case anyone had any experiences to add.

NW99XJ
10-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Pretty sure I saw an "apparition" when I was very young (5-6 yrs old)....
A green/luminescent floating figure in the hallway of the house I spent my childhood in.
My bed was against the same wall as the door to my room.... From my bed I could see down the hallway. I couldn't sleep one night for whatever reason, and something down the hallway caught my eye. A pastel greenish illuminated flowing dressed figure of a woman came down the hallway, hovering about 10" or so off the floor..... and then disappeared. as it went past my doorway. Wasn't all that bright, barely enough light to see, almost dim... and no distinguishable features, ...other than that the long flowing hair and flowing night gown/dress.... if it wasn't for that I would've just been a greenish blob of dim light. One of the few images/memories of my childhood that has stuck with me all these years.

bad luck
10-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Well, I love Halloween. It is so much fun to get scared and pretend. But no I don't believe in any superstitious mumbo jumbo, religious or otherwise. I do believe in evidence though.

Joliet Johnny
10-31-2012, 09:29 PM
NW99XJ I saw something similar at my grandmothers house when I was about the same age. Mine was a male figure same green blue white color. He was wearing a suit and a top hat, couldnt really make out any features. My Aunt finished my description and seemed relieved that I saw it cause she thought she was crazy. My grandma said she saw him all the time and it was her father.

The house I grew up in was previously owned by "strange people" as and old neighbor told me. Animals would go in but not come out, mostly dogs. I would get the feeling of being watched with hatred when I went upstairs and one time something grabbed my shoulder. And day and night it sounded like stuff was falling and someone was walking around up there.

I dont like to talk about my most recent experience when I worked security because it scares me to this day all that happened at that site and I dont like to think about it.

prerunner1982
11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
If you believe.... you will see her.

This picture was taken by a fellow Jeeper while on the D.o.D. Adventure (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12128).

LizardRunner
11-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Lately we have had several new spirits talking, never anyone around outside when it happens. Last night one decided to sit on the corner of the bed for a few seconds, you could see the depression in the mattress and covers, but the spirit didn't decide to let me see who it was. Wolf saw the depression too, she just said, this one is here because of you. We shall see what comes of this, perhaps the spirit just wanted some time with the living.

EekGirl96
11-01-2012, 11:44 AM
If you believe.... you will see her.

This picture was taken by a fellow Jeeper while on the D.o.D. Adventure (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12128).

Spent sometime looking at this picture, didnt see shit

No, I do not believe in the paranormal, im one of those people who only believes(well starts to believe) once I see it. Im also science based and believe alot of things can be proven scientifically.

With that said, im not religious at all.

XJ Wheeler
11-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Guess i don't believe... I see a door.

prerunner1982
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
There is a young girl looking through the open door.

4.3LXJ
11-01-2012, 01:41 PM
No girl. Non believer here too

LizardRunner
11-01-2012, 03:35 PM
ok, no girl in that pic. If there is, the pic is to dark for her to show up well, which she would do if it was truly a spirit apparition. If you watch shows like Ghost Hunters (TAPS) a lot of the time there are voices but you can't make out the words, that is, Until they tell you what they think they hear. That is suggestion affecting your mind more than truly hearing a voice. I want anything like an apparition, EVP etc. to be crystal clear or at least clear enough for your eyes/ ears to pick it out easily. If you have to stare to see it, it just isn't really there. It becomes a function of your mind tricking you into seeing or hearing what is indistiguisable in reality.

Much of what is published about "spirits" is not truth but more a telling of what they thought (Imagined) they saw/heard/experienced. A man in the woods at night, can fall prey to such a thing. Hearing noises they don't recognise, they imagine the boogey man is after them. I have heard several stories of men litterally being scared to death when in the woods after dark. If those are true, then what happened to them was their imagination took over and ruled their minds long enough to let fears grow until they sucumb to those fears.

Being a Spirit Walker, one must know fact from desired ficticious psudeo fact (mind tricks).