PDA

View Full Version : Scam Warning

XJ Rat
06-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Want to warn everyone about a scam...

I was in the parking lot of Home Depot the other day loading up my F150 when two beautiful 20 something girls walked up and asked me for a ride. They climbed in back and shortly after leaving started making out. I was then asked to join them. When the opportunity arose, they took my wallet and ran. I have been to the parking lot Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Each time the scam was effective. Coincidentally, I discovered Wally-World has a sale on mens leather wallets.

Be extra careful of this scam.

4.3LXJ
06-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I had a guy try one on me yesterday. I was in the parking lot of Costco and a guy comes up and puts on a convincing act and say he has a car in the parking lot across the street and needs a ride so he can get it towed home by a buddy. I offer him a ride and then he says he needs $9 to round out a $20. I said sorry, no cash and then it all stopped and he just wanted out at the next parking lot.

BlueXJ
06-19-2010, 12:55 AM
I just never give away cash. I had a guy ask for money for food the other day. I said I had no cash (which was true) I went to the hamburger joint and bought him a burger and fries and when I went back to give it to him he looked so surprised but took it. I guess if a few people do that he will get a new line to lay on prospective targets.

4.3LXJ
06-19-2010, 09:44 AM
I was in Reno down on Virginia St hitting the pawn shops when a woman asked me for exactly $2.03 for a cheese burger. I gave her that much and she bought one. But normally I don't give out cash to anybody.

XJ Rat
06-20-2010, 09:31 AM
I thought this was the joke section, guess I was wrong.