PDA

View Full Version : auto commercial.. kinda wrong

reddragon72
06-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure if I understand this totally, but when you watch the commercial you'll see two different vehicles and I think they are trying to say that they are the same vehicle. You judge, but I think they are trying to pass off two different vehicles as one. And yep posting it here cause it is an XJ thing :-)

http://aarp.thehartford.com/About-Us/auto-insurance-commercials.shtml

BTW it's the second commercial listed on the right side.

drakan1908
06-17-2010, 10:26 AM
One of them is a XJ and the other is a FSJ. It don't make much sense to me.

Mudderoy
06-17-2010, 10:49 AM
One of them is a XJ and the other is a FSJ. It don't make much sense to me.

I was really confused and concerned for your sanity at first. I had to look around for the commercial you are speaking of. When I went to the link I saw the one with the older lady and her missing CD.

Anyway you are correct they are passing the two off as the same vehicle. I've seen this commercial on TV and I did notice the XJ and did notice the FSJ but I didn't put it together what they had done until you pointed it out. Basically it worked, at least on me.

drakan1908
06-18-2010, 07:37 AM
I was really confused and concerned for your sanity at first. I had to look around for the commercial you are speaking of. When I went to the link I saw the one with the older lady and her missing CD.

Anyway you are correct they are passing the two off as the same vehicle. I've seen this commercial on TV and I did notice the XJ and did notice the FSJ but I didn't put it together what they had done until you pointed it out. Basically it worked, at least on me.

HAHAHA I did the same thing at first. I thought it was the commercial for the CD and thought, of course they are different the one at the end is a rental.:rotfl2:

reddragon72
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Man I even put in there to look at the second commercial on the right side :rotfl2: bunch of blind bats, remind me not to wheel with you all incase of falling over a cliff :smiley-laughing021:

but I saw the commercial and immediately noticed the difference and actually jumped up and yelled WTF, My wife was looking at me like I lost it :eek:

jfxj67
06-26-2010, 02:46 AM
just drove off the cliff... TWICE!!! :driving:
:fail: